Science Forums

Is It True That Israel Is Racist?

Joker37

I'm merely saying people harbor predjudices whether they think they do or not.. But that doesn't always equate into Racism.

Racoon, I find you speak out of both sides of your mouth so-to-speak and it's hard for me to nail down exactly what you're getting at. In the beginning you seemed to say that racism is more prevalent than we know and then this remark, which seems to go the other way...I'm confused :unsure:

Why do I get the feeling there's something you're not saying and so you're beating around the bush?

Besides, you didn't answer my question as to if the Muslims were not present in the fight why do they harbor bad feelings about it?

If you want to use the Jews as an example, then you obviously need to take in the context of the situation.

The world being completely devestated after WWII and the Jews being systematically massacred..

Its hard to argue giving them back a piece of homeland after the ordeal.

The Muslims however where mostly absent from the fight overall, and harbor deep grudges that still fester today over that important parcel of property.

Racism being what it may, still requires Power to enforce its prejudices... Racism needs force, as opposed to popular or singuar prejudicial opinions

I have predjudices against 30 million illegal Mexicans entering our country, but I am not a Racist. I don't empower myself or others similar to me by trying to belittle, hurt, or take advantage of those peoples. To me its a matter of "abiding by the Laws set by our country" Its my opinion that you shouldn't be here Illegally. Thats not a knock on Mexicans or Latinos, but a reflection of having to abide by laws.

Africa and the Middle East are full of Racists..They will kill you over ethnicity or religion. Any religion that suggests murdering your fellow human because of belief, or lack of, deserves nothing less than scorn.

Racism is not just an Anglo-Saxon phenomenon.. It happens amongst all cultures and peoples. And will continue..

Based on your comments on what distinguishes racism from prejudice, it could therefore be argued that Israeli policy toward the Palistinian people, and the U.S backed power and authority they have exerted over them for decades, could be deemed racist.

To me, no matter what your level of power or control, if you hate illegal immigrants in general, that's one thing. If you particularly hate illegal immigrants because they're Hispanic, then that's racist.

Based on your comments on what distinguishes racism from prejudice, it could therefore be argued that Israeli policy toward the Palistinian people, and the U.S backed power and authority they have exerted over them for decades, could be deemed racist.

To me, no matter what your level of power or control, if you hate illegal immigrants in general, that's one thing. If you particularly hate illegal immigrants because they're Hispanic, then that's racist.

In the end it doesn't matter..

People on messgae boards want to be sparked by "radical" comments and will create a "racial" incendiary argument regardless of how you word a post...

I don't give a **** if you're a Jew or a Muslim. I could care less if you speak Spanish or Chinese..

If you come to America come here LEGALLY.

If thats racist then label me a racist. If you decide Illegals don't have to follow the law , then let me break the laws as I see fit also...

Racism is so fukking old.. Give me a break.. This Country has so many cultures and races, that anyone claiming Racism is a Fool. There is No Racism anymore.. the only color that matters is Green.

Affirmitive Action should be abolished. There should be no special benefits for being a Minority in this country any longer.

There's no argument that illegal immigration is a problem in the U.S. At one time those illegal immigrants were welcomed and considered an asset because they could be exploited. Most of them worked for virtually nothing but they couldn't cry foul because they weren't supposed to be there in the first place. I think the problem now is that jobs are scarcer and there are so many people competing for them. I also think that immigrants work harder and complain less so they are probably more popular with employers.

• 4 months later...

If you want to use the Jews as an example, then you obviously need to take in the context of the situation.

The world being completely devestated after WWII and the Jews being systematically massacred..

Its hard to argue giving them back a piece of homeland after the ordeal.

The Muslims however where mostly absent from the fight overall, and harbor deep grudges that still fester today over that important parcel of property.

Racism being what it may, still requires Power to enforce its prejudices... Racism needs force, as opposed to popular or singuar prejudicial opinions

I have predjudices against 30 million illegal Mexicans entering our country, but I am not a Racist. I don't empower myself or others similar to me by trying to belittle, hurt, or take advantage of those peoples. To me its a matter of "abiding by the Laws set by our country" Its my opinion that you shouldn't be here Illegally. Thats not a knock on Mexicans or Latinos, but a reflection of having to abide by laws.

Africa and the Middle East are full of Racists..They will kill you over ethnicity or religion. Any religion that suggests murdering your fellow human because of belief, or lack of, deserves nothing less than scorn.

Racism is not just an Anglo-Saxon phenomenon.. It happens amongst all cultures and peoples. And will continue..

Racoon, I'm not sure how 'what you said' is so different from 'what I said'!!

Back to the topic of 'is Israel racist' there seems to be a general concensus on the different blogs I've read that Israel is very unpopular. I can't quite figure it out though because Israel's land mass is so small in comparison to the Arab nations around it! How can such a small country be so formidable? Granted from what I've read on blogs apparently the US gives Israel a lot of aid (otherwise Israel would be Arab land by now)!