Queso

Do you download music for free?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you download music for free?

• Yes!
    • No...of course not.
    • i didn't know you could...

Do you download music for free?

i'm curious to see how many people do, and don't.

i myself do, because as a musician i feel as if music should be free. i know that some people make a living off of it, but for some reason i feel like i could go my whole life working my *** off for my music, and never get a dime- i would be perfectly happy.

No, of course not...Unless the artist sez its free. I won't even rip off Britney even though her stuff is "worthless".... I happily pay my 99 cents when I want something.

Warez and sharing is theivery: sucks *and* blows.

Cheers,

Buffy

I voted "no" but then I also remembered that I do indeed download loads of music for free - from music forums I frequent and participate in. There is a lot of free music out there which is *intended* to be free (like my own music at http://kovacs.wusik.com/ ) ...

I have downloaded my share of MP3's in the past. I no longer do it. I still buy and rip my own CDs...but now they're trying to make even that a felony over here.

really? wow.

there's this new technology that i've come into contact with that actually won't allow you do rip a cd. and if it does, you can only once, or a few times.

now i'm wondering how much money went into this program, and others like it in the past.

why don't they just give the music industry that money and realize that people will ALWAYS get around stuff like that? problem solved.

___I don't own this computer, but Ace who does buys songs (he bought 6 Pink Floyd cuts for me .99 each) However, when I listened to Orby's & Tormods songs, the I-Tunes thing seems to automatically keep them, at least the title. I never know what you guys think about it.

___I remember when I was a kid I had a little 3" reel-to-reel recorder & I taped songs off the radio. Lots of people did, but I don't recall any big hoorahrah.

___I have stolen music in the past when you cut to the crux, but I have for a very long time assidualesly avoided thievery of any kind. ;) Now I just borrow. ;)

I've well over 500 CDs in my collection and growing. I especially like the quality of the ones from Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs. Mp3s could never match the sound quality. I do convert some of my CDs to mp3 format for the little headphones I use when I take a walk. Beyond that I prefer to pay for and show off my collection and I prefer the superior quality I get from my CDs.

yeah mp3's ruin the sound quality that's for sure. by killing the compression on the low end, and scrambling the high-and leaving the mid range to stab you in the face.

i try to get my mp3's over 192 kb/s, and when i rip cd's i don't go under 320 kb/s.

even the standard, most popular 128 kb/s sounds like crap. and no one really realizes it or cares. ;)