POLL: Do you download music?

Queso

Do you download music for free?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you download music for free?

• Yes!
    • No...of course not.
    • i didn't know you could...

No I don't - I'd rather buy the CD and support the artist whose music I like. I would hate it if people used the fruits of my labour without me getting any reward. Downloading music for free is basically the theft of someone else's intellectual property, isn't it? I might be treading on blurry legal ground here.

Most studies have shown that people that download free songs are much more likely to go out and buy the artists' CD. This is very similar to when the recording industry tried to ban the selling of used albums. The label and artist never see a dime of those used CD sales. The problem, as I see it is that music has been made a comodity and nolonger an art on the large scene. There are a lot of indies and DIY'ers out there that are keeping it the way it should be. Music is NOT about money. Those that are in it for money often make some of the worst music (MTv or the radio may like it, but come on, who out there really thought Milli Vanilli was tallented????). Too many people have stopped using music as their own expression, and find it much like a fad... Ohhhh.. I'm punk rock this week, I like BLink 182, next week I'll be OG and pimpin' with the new fity cent.

Down load all you like.. If the band doesn't like it they probably suck anyway.