Science Forums

What is the point in human race's music?

ledbassest

you probably have, but if you havn't...listen to the mars volta song "take the veil cerpin taxt"

there's a part in the middle where it all breaks down, there's just a pad of synth. then the guitar comes in with really complex almost varied in tempo pull off guitar(just a clean track). when the drums and bass come in, the guitar adds a filter effect, and it's probably the craziest thing i've ever heard in music ever.

i've tried to count out the time signature in this part of the song for as long as i've had the album (more than a year) and i can only guess that it's 20/4 and only three measures of it. 3 fairly long measures at that.

Maybe I just got used to seeing them live a lot. (I'm in Dallas, andATDI was from San antonuio or austin If I remember. Played here about once evry few months...

If you like the wall of sound/psych. you MUST get MBV. Lovless has been placed in some top ten lists of most influential/ground breaking music next to Bob Dylan and Hendrix...(good company IMO).

Here's a link to some sound and sights of MVB;

http://www.planetjesterz.com/mbv/videos.php

Orb, mars volta is an amazing band and their albums continue to enjoy me. you say this true that stage sound (low quality sound) is the best. that is why i like live songs that have been recorded and not "enhanced." i also like a band from Guatemala, but unfortunately i cannot remember their name nor do i own any of their music. they were a typical "mexican" band with a splash of blues and rock (a branch off of blues(and jazz)). has anyone here heard of such a band?

they were a typical "mexican" band with a splash of blues and rock (a branch off of blues(and jazz)). has anyone here heard of such a band?

hmmm...try "friends of dean martinez"

really cool stuff, i only have one song i found on accident. if you can find any more of their stuff let me know.

one thing i don't like about live recordings is that it doesn't hold the energy that it would if you were to hear it live.

as was writen by ORB: one thing i don't like about live recordings is that it doesn't hold the energy that it would if you were to hear it live.

i would have to agree with you on this. only if there was a way to catch the invigoration, but fo now the best one may hope for is DVDs and VHS.