Science Forums

Art

OpenMind5

I have found these large ground sculptures/murals and I want to know maore about them...I have tried to find out who does them, or where they are done, or better pics of them....any ideas?

(for those who can't see it because of the size retriction we have....it looks like people climbing out of a hole from the ground...)

(for those who can't see it because of the size retriction we have....it looks like people climbing out of a hole from the ground...)

OP, this has nothing to do with size restriction - make these images JPGs and you can easily put up much larger images here. BMP is not good for photos (no compression).

Hey are the sites too see the images a little bigger...and better...took me a while but i got them.

http://www.jonvieve.com/gallery/images/comp-misc/backgrounds/pic-infern.jpg

http://www.jonvieve.com/gallery/images/comp-misc/backgrounds/pic-dies-irea1.jpg

Any ideas?

:xx:

Op5

Ah, they're street paintings by Kurt Wenner. His web site is here. There's a gallery there with a collection of his very impressive work :xx:

G'day orbsycli,

I'm glad you like Herr Wenner's work, from what I could see he manages to produce some powerful imagery which seems to fit comfortably within the mainstream of european artistic traditions. His work appears to be built upon influences from medieval religious imagery, the renaissance etc. through to surrealism. What I like about them in particular, especially the second work, is that they seem to belong, they fit in with their surrounds? cheers gub.

G'day again,

on a quick peruse of his website he's even more traditional than I first saw. Quite deeply in love with his culture's past? Rather popular and profitable too, no doubt. I'd really love to see his street work. Good luck to him. cheers gub.