Science Forums

New To Hypography

NerdsLoveToRawr

I am an active MMORPG player, currently involved with he new sensation Allods online. I recommend any experienced or first time players to dive headlong into this diverse and epic new tale of immense proportions!

I am a non-union actor currently taking a sub-main role as Eddie in the John Seip Production known as Bachelorhood and I am also bringing a close to my soon to be released novel, The Color Allison which is an early 1900s Shakespearian style romance =^ ^=(I have plans on releasing the first three chpts here as I have done in many places :shrug: and do not fret, it is protected by copyright laws!)

What else can I say?!? <----- *hugs all* (>:shrug:)>

*In place where quote would go >_>*

While looking at drunk dude at Codex's party. Vork - "This is how the Black Plague started."

Hello, NerdsLove!

Yes, is the protagonist in "The Color Allison" a physicist or chemist? Maybe an alchemist? Or at least a numerologist on the verge of discovering Newton's Method of deriving square roots?

Even if not, that shouldn't scare you off. We have a lot of non-scientific threads on politics, social trends, etcetera. Help yourself. And also help yourself to our humble list of Rules. (There's a button around here somewhere.) Welcome!!

"Trolling" is a bit of a different notion then what you have presented, we are very much against "Trolling". But as far as bad grammar, don't worry about it too, too much, i mean it's nice to follow at least some rules, and a 2 page post with no grammatical separation of any kind could be deleted or corrected and frowned upon. So do use some grammar, but as far as using correct grammar all the time, don't worry about it, we have many people from many countries and with a varying degrees of english skills, and we are not an english teacher forum, but using more or less correct grammar is always a plus for readability, and thus for expressing one's opinion.

... Is this forum against trolling (use of incorrect grammar)? ... :help:
Hello NerdsLove,

Around here, we use the word "trolling" to mean the act of intentionally offending, confusing, or annoying the other members. Trolling is a hostile act of the bluest water, deserving of keel-hauling, flogging, or badinage.

:turtle:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hmm still at a lost, perhaps someone could shed some light on a good topic. I have seen and heard all of these discussed too many times over to really appreciate them. :hyper:

So hit me up with some really interesting topics!

Did you know that a fifteen year-old can make a professional grade telescope in his/her bedroom? That this teenager can grind a glass disk to make the telescope mirror, and polish the surface of that mirror to near atomic smoothness using only a variety of cheap grinding powders, pine tree pitch, jeweler's rouge, muscle power and patience? That this teenager can measure the accuracy of the curvature of that mirror to within one fifty millionth of an inch, using nothing more than a few pieces of plywood, some screws and bolts, a round piece of cardboard, the lid off a Quaker's Oats can, a nightlight and a razor blade? It's true.