Science Forums

Hello Everyone

Topper

You name it, I do not take your word, I will look it up for myself.

Tell me about yourself?

You tell me you are a skeptic of everything -- and then you ask me to tell you about myself?

:) Okay.

I'm a "rocket scientist" working on NASA projects at the Johnson Space Center.

I live in a 110 year old house that survived the 1900 Galveston hurricane.

I've backpacked across northern Europe in a manual wheelchair.

I'm an "expert" in physics, planetary science, space propulsion, theories of mind, ancient European/Mediterranean history, fundementalist christianity, biological evolution, paleontology, the golden age of science fiction, general semantics, chaos theory and probability.

I own a copy (not a counterfeit) of the first adhesive postage stamp ever made.

I can build a professional grade astronomical telescope mirror out of raw glass, sand, douglas fir sap, and rouge. I can measure the accuracy of the telescope mirror's curvature to within a sixteenth of the wavelength of light, using a child's nightlight, a razor blade, a circular piece of cardboard and a handful of rubber bands.

I can whistle Mason William's "Classical Gas" dead on note perfect at full speed.

Now go ahead. Tell me you're skeptical. :) ;) B) B) B)

Now that is really odd.

Not odd 2N+1, but odd ironically weird.

In the years I have been here at Hypography, I've gotten my fair share of negative reps. But only TWICE in all that time has someone given me a negative rep with NO comment.

Samspeedo did it on 1-15-2010

Topper did it on 1-27-2010

Hmmmmmm, he said.

You tell me you are a skeptic of everything -- and then you ask me to tell you about myself?

:turtle: Okay.

I'm a "rocket scientist" working on NASA projects at the Johnson Space Center.

I live in a 110 year old house that survived the 1900 Galveston hurricane.

I've backpacked across northern Europe in a manual wheelchair.

I'm an "expert" in physics, planetary science, space propulsion, theories of mind, ancient European/Mediterranean history, fundementalist christianity, biological evolution, paleontology, the golden age of science fiction, general semantics, chaos theory and probability.

I own a copy (not a counterfeit) of the first adhesive postage stamp ever made.

I can build a professional grade astronomical telescope mirror out of raw glass, sand, douglas fir sap, and rouge. I can measure the accuracy of the telescope mirror's curvature to within a sixteenth of the wavelength of light, using a child's nightlight, a razor blade, a circular piece of cardboard and a handful of rubber bands.

I can whistle Mason William's "Classical Gas" dead on note perfect at full speed.

Now go ahead. Tell me you're skeptical. :hyper: :D :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Pyro is one cool dude that i'd love to hang out with :) uuuh more then once.

Being skeptical is not bad, infact its a good part of science.. being skeptical about everything at all times is madness, its asking for trouble, and it's usually by people who try to stand out of the society not because they don't fit in, but rather because they want to stand out to get some attention, usually because they are average or maybe a bit above average people who feel they are underappreciated, and want to be special; attention that is, negative or positive matters not, the more the better...

So, topper, you seem excited in your posts, which is cool, you sure you dont want to take some of that skepticism back?