Science Forums

Poisons poisons poisons...

claireb13

we are three high school juniors and need help for our end-of-the-year project.. we're doing one about poisons and if there's a perfect poison in the world. we've tried writing on yahoo! answers and sending emails to toxicologists, but they haven't helped much. here are our questions:

1. Is there a poison so efficient that it’d be undetectable, even today ?

2. Are there substances that can cause damage to an individual, while leaving residue in the body (excluding the kidney) ?

What type of substance can cause fatal damage to a part of an individual while depositing in another part of the body (preferable to exclude the kidney) ?

3. What sorts of geometry and electronic structure do the molecules that can travel through the blood-brain barrier have ?

4. Is there a product that can hide a certain poison, so that the poisoner can go unnoticed ?

5. Is there a substance that can damage the body, but also naturally and quickly leave it ?

Ex.: Ritalin, excreted by urine.

6. Are there products legally sold in stores (that can be used to create poisons) that we can obtain without being suspect ?

7. What are the precautions to take in the manipulation of those substances (other than the basic mask, gloves, …) ?

thanks for your help !

hello claire,

welcome to Hypography!!:bow:

While I understand your frustration in attempting to find the answers to your questions, I am afraid that you have hit a dead end here. We cannot possibly post the sort of information that you are looking for, without producing a do it yourself guide to homicide and how to get away with it.

This world is too full of censorship...sigh.

well Claire, some things should be censored when dealing with potential psychopaths out there, who could use this information for heinous crimes

Is there any way you could give me the information privately??

ethically and morally NO

I'm sixteen with no boyfriend to kill.

well you say that now, but what if he cheats on you? not a female out there that boyfriend annihilation hasn't occurred with in a given scenario;)

Please? I need this for my baccalaureate side-exam.

:bow:

If that informatiion is so important to your work, you could do some old-fashioned research. What you want to do here is to have someone hand your project to you. This is a science site. That is not how science works.

Stop whining and start working. If what you want is available legally, you should be able to discover it on your own. But I don't wish you well in your endeavors, and I certainly don't want to see the information you seek openly posted here.

--lemit