Science Forums

Fantastic Contraption

InfiniteNow

Well I spoke too soon!

I'm stuck on the Tube now. (level 18)

Hay how come when I click on your links it takes me to the front page and not your Solution? and it won't let me see any "other players designs" unless I've finished that level?

I really wanted to see what Grains came up with,

I just can't get the Solution to this Vertical thing. :shrugs:

So Stuck :) :) :banghead: :banghead:

Grains' solution will make you sick. It's only 5 pieces iirc. Clicking the link takes you to the start page. Hit start and then click on ok. You should see his solution play out when you press start. And yes, you can only view the other solutions once you beat the level *or* you view someone's solution all the way through (the game then assumes that you have solved that level).

i am on level 18 and ...then i realized duh!!! if the bottom piece of wood fits then....

It became a juggling act at after building the "kart" of moving the main piece around to balance it out.

That is so totally awesome. This is a Class 3 solution. :)

Funny. I tried numerous variations on the same theme, but none of them even came close to working. :) But you used just 2 balls--my solutions used multiple pairs. They all just fell right out the bottom.

freeztar

Grains' solution will make you sick. It's only 5 pieces iirc. Clicking the link takes you to the start page. Hit start and then click on ok. You should see his solution play out when you press start. And yes' date=' you can only view the other solutions once you beat the level *or* you view someone's solution all the way through (the game then assumes that you have solved that level).

[/quote']

When I click the link it takes me to the "Fantastic Contraption" PLAY and when I click Play it takes me to the first page with the first ten levels on it with a Red check-mark on each completed level, and the completed levels have the "other players designs" highlighted but if I go there it just shows me random designs and not your solution.

Awash has 368 pages at 4 per page, I have skimmed through several pages but it's hard to find the anyone in particular this way.

and it won't let me see any designs for that level, until I have completed that level.

Still, Stuck Like Chuck, but working on it.

Yes, it is strange but it's OK, I'll get-er-done.

I skipped level 18 and 19 for a min (sense I'm stuck) ;)

but here is what I came up with for level 20 Unpossable.

Fantastic Contraption: A fun online physics puzzle game

Here is where I skipped, Ive gone back to do it and this is as close as I get...

Fantastic Contraption: A fun online physics puzzle game

...I was trying to make this a lot harder then it needed to be. I might go back and see if I can simplify some of my answers now. :eek_big:
This is obviously my problem as well. I immediately go for a dozen wheel thingies and lots of triangles and gizmos and thrusters and never consider that there may be a really easy solution.

Of course, [modestly] most of my models work on the first try. [/modestly]

not really :turtle: