Science Forums

Motorcyclists Thread

alexander

i should get you to build me a subframe for the 426, Mr. D, i wish i could do it, but ah dunno how to weld, especially aluminum :lol:

yeah i'm hitting up circles pretty good now, i get dizzy sometimes. Low-sided one two days ago, first time, bike slid right out from underneeth me, bent an axle slider rod, but its nothing major (better it then damaging something useful), working on gas hand off circles, catching idle on seat standers, sit-down circles to the left and right-handed circles now, they are coming, but very slowly...

• 2 months later...

Finally!!!! after more than a month of waiting, I've finally got me bike back.....the total bill $3,200...so glad I bought the extended warranty....only ended up paying $260 for new rubber and inspection and nothing for the complete rebuild of the motor....tis funny billable hours were listed as 20 on the invoice....WTF were they doing for the other 200+ workable hours that they had my bike? @$$#0!3$!!!!!!!!

I should demand a refund for the insurance I still had to carry while the bike sat there, the monthly payment I still had to pay, and the $200+ dollars more it cost me in fuel to drive my 4-by while I waited for the return of my ride....I mean a friggin' month to rebuild a carbureted V-twin....whole bikes are built from the ground up in less time!!

Oh well I did rack up some miles and it is at least home now.

Good to hear you got your ride back man, a year or so ago we had a car pull out in front of a bike here. The bike cut the car in half and killed both of them, the driver of the car had a clear view of the bike, no excuss for pulling out but the bike was estimated to be doing 140 mph. I'm not sure who was the bigger ******* but cage drivers do seem to think they own the ****ing road for sure.... they hit each other enough... I want a bike so damn bad B)

No arguing that bikers who ride like idiots make the rest of us look bad...

Here in Erie we've had several fatal crashes this year as nearly always involving cagers not paying asttention to the road in front of them...

In a couple it was the even worse situation of drinking and riding (stupid fudder muckers!!!!!)

and of course there are always at least one idiot who feel the need to stunt or race on public roads in the mix

As for me I'm slowin' down

I really don't want to have to blow my hard earned dough on another rebuild or new rubber any sooner than I absolutely have too....nor do I wish to have to wait an ungodly amount of time to get me ride back....

still would like to have a 'Busa in my stable some day...would prolly make one awesome chopper or tourer with extensive mods...would be a super awesome commuter ride...be a fun ride to take up to the speedway for sure.

but....

Ima thinkin a dual-sport is somewhere on the much nearer horizon....unless I find knobbies and appropriate rims for me cruiser :)

thus far the only real drawback to shaft drive is the difficult task of wheel shopping....is so hard to find wheels or rims & spokes that are guarantied to fit....short of custom made ones which are ungodly expensive...I am thinking of perhaps using my old rear which has broken spokes to lace up a 16" rear (currently it has a 15" rim) but sorting out spoke length , type, and pattern are really complicated (to me anywayz) and most parts sources are oriented to stock manufacturer (be it bike or wheel) configurations rather than what can be mixed with what to make a custom combo....

would be nice to have a set of winter rims and tires (ie. studded knobbies) to throw on when winter rears it's ugly head...course I'd have to do some rustproofing to the rims and the rest of the bike...but it would beat parking her for months.

No arguing that bikers who ride like idiots make the rest of us look bad...

Here in Erie we've had several fatal crashes this year as nearly always involving cagers not paying asttention to the road in front of them...

In a couple it was the even worse situation of drinking and riding (stupid fudder muckers!!!!!)

and of course there are always at least one idiot who feel the need to stunt or race on public roads in the mix

As for me I'm slowin' down

I really don't want to have to blow my hard earned dough on another rebuild or new rubber any sooner than I absolutely have too....nor do I wish to have to wait an ungodly amount of time to get me ride back....

still would like to have a 'Busa in my stable some day...would prolly make one awesome chopper or tourer with extensive mods...would be a super awesome commuter ride...be a fun ride to take up to the speedway for sure.

but....

Ima thinkin a dual-sport is somewhere on the much nearer horizon....unless I find knobbies and appropriate rims for me cruiser :shrug:

thus far the only real drawback to shaft drive is the difficult task of wheel shopping....is so hard to find wheels or rims & spokes that are guarantied to fit....short of custom made ones which are ungodly expensive...I am thinking of perhaps using my old rear which has broken spokes to lace up a 16" rear (currently it has a 15" rim) but sorting out spoke length , type, and pattern are really complicated (to me anywayz) and most parts sources are oriented to stock manufacturer (be it bike or wheel) configurations rather than what can be mixed with what to make a custom combo....

would be nice to have a set of winter rims and tires (ie. studded knobbies) to throw on when winter rears it's ugly head...course I'd have to do some rustproofing to the rims and the rest of the bike...but it would beat parking her for months.

You don't run mags?

nope.

haven't found a set which is specified to fit a Volusia...Intruder and Marauder rims fit but are narrower (I have an Intruder rear on right now cus it was cheaper than buying spokes to repair my stock rim...it fits....but...it's awfull skinny at 140 vs the 185 stock rear)...tiz sad cuz a 245 65 16 would just fit in the swingarm if I could locate an appropriate wheel or spokes and a 16" rim...which I could afford... several hundred bucks for a wheel is way out of my league....a drum brake rear limits choices further ....seeing as I'd have to locate and purchase a disc brake conversion kit to upgrade to a lot of the aftermarket rims out there....I really like the Harley disc type rims (which are if I recall correctly 15" rear 16" front) but no telling if the shaft drive components (or front and rear brake for that mater) will work with 'em...as for stock Vol. alloys nobody is willin' to part with 'em and factory replacements are $700+ each :shrug:

• 1 month later...

Cheak out this 6 cylinder super charged naked bike!

Horex unveils six-cylinder supercharged motorcycle

German brand Horex hasn't made a motorcycle for 50 years – but since a new ownership team took over the brand name in 2007, plans have been afoot to change that – and at this year's Intermot in Cologne, we got our first close-up look at what the new owners are playing at. The Horex VR6 is a modern super-naked featuring a staggered six-cylinder engine with forced induction via a belt-drive supercharger. The quick-revving motor will develop up to a meaty 200 horsepower, putting it right up with Yamaha's 2009 V-Max in the musclebike stakes. The new German bike's looks will draw inevitable comparison to Honda's recent CB1100F – and when you combine the looks with the premium pricetag, it's fair to say the Horex VR6 is targeted at cashed-up older riders who will appreciate the retro looks, the comfortable riding position and the seemingly limitless reserves of power that blown 1200cc powerplant is going to pump out. It's great to see forced induction back on the bike shopper's menu!

http://www.gizmag.com/horex-six-cylinder-supercharged-motorcycle/16584/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=d0ce0ef039-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Cheak out this 6 cylinder super charged naked bike!

Horex unveils six-cylinder supercharged motorcycle

German brand Horex hasn't made a motorcycle for 50 years – but since a new ownership team took over the brand name in 2007, plans have been afoot to change that – and at this year's Intermot in Cologne, we got our first close-up look at what the new owners are playing at. The Horex VR6 is a modern super-naked featuring a staggered six-cylinder engine with forced induction via a belt-drive supercharger. The quick-revving motor will develop up to a meaty 200 horsepower, putting it right up with Yamaha's 2009 V-Max in the musclebike stakes. The new German bike's looks will draw inevitable comparison to Honda's recent CB1100F – and when you combine the looks with the premium pricetag, it's fair to say the Horex VR6 is targeted at cashed-up older riders who will appreciate the retro looks, the comfortable riding position and the seemingly limitless reserves of power that blown 1200cc powerplant is going to pump out. It's great to see forced induction back on the bike shopper's menu!

http://www.gizmag.co...tm_medium=email

BMW's sporting an inline six now too!

I believe it, Yami has always mad awesome bikes.

The killer is there's probably a lot of power that could be gotten to with a FI remap, high flow filter and an open exhaust....they always detune their engines so they'll run forever.

a link to that beemer. http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/bike/tour/k1600gtl/k1600gtl_overview.html&notrack=1

Edited by DFINITLYDISTRUBD

• 3 years later...