Science Forums

New Kid In Town ... Its A Girl :)

FREYA021

ok i'll be blunt. you took maddogs avatar, a user in this forum, and a quote that somebody else has as their signature.

i was simply saying "it looks like maddogs" because he has the same avatar.

i'm not saying we can't do that or anything, it's not like i care at all.

i was talking to Orbsycli, becouse of lack in his elementar education...

ofcourse his "wise" friend wtih white soussage for avantar hahahahaha

u were cind to me, ty may force be with u !!!

Hey...don't go around here laughing at people's education. What clues do you have as to what education orb has? Take it easy, Frey, you'be been here less than a day. Give yourself some time before taking the full plunge here.

Welcome. Does your username have any particular significance or meaning?

how does this sound to u? did i ask him something rude like that? came here to make new friends, also to learn and to give some of my knowlegde...

just dont understand those ppl who have need put finger in someones eye... ofcurse i know ppl learn whole life, it s one of the reasons i am here too. all he had to do is ASK.

ur Freya from Serbia :naughty:

Freya (Freyja), the sister of Frey (Freyr) and the daughter of Niord ( Njǫrðr), is usually seen as the fertility goddess of Norse mythology. While there are no sources suggesting that she was called on to bring fruitfulness to fields or wombs, she was a goddess of riches whose tears were gold. She was also goddess of love, sex and attraction, and correspondingly became one of the most popular goddesses. She may have been the same goddess as Frigg, and might be considered the counterpart of Venus and Aphrodite.

She was also thought to be the most desirable of all goddesses, owner of the attractive piece of jewellery Brosingamen (Brísingamen), which she bought from four dwarfs (Berling, Dvalin, Grer and Alfrik) at the price of four nights of her love. This necklace is sometimes seen today as embodying her power over the material world; the necklace has been the emblem of the earth-goddess since the earliest times.

Freya chooses half the slain on the battlefield whilst Odin gets the other half, according to Grímnismál:

The ninth hall is Folkvang, where bright Freyja

Decides where the warriors shall sit:

Half of the fallen belong to her,

And half belong to Odin.

Freya was a skilled practitioner of seiðr, a form of magic which Snorri relates in the Ynglinga Saga in his Heimskringla she introduced among the Aesir. It has been been widely speculated that Gullveig was Freya under another name. If so, she was stabbed and burnt three times, but arose from the flame each time and transformed herself into Heiðr ("the Glorious"), mistress of magic, in a shamanic initiation. This also started the war between the Æsir and the Vanir.

The giants are always trying to take Freya away from the gods, and it is clear that this would be a great disaster. She was obviously the embodiment of the holy life-force.

if u r interested u can find lot of this on web.

how does this sound to u? did i ask him something rude like that? came here to make new friends, also to learn and to give some of my knowlegde...

How was that rude at all? Beats me. C1ay was welcoming you - we often ask people what their nicknames mean.