Science Forums

Never a perfect society......

buddyzen

hmmm

everyone has a different view of utopia

--------------------------------

The third meeting of the International Committee on GNSS was held on Dec 8-12 in Pasadena, California to continue further review and discussion on developments in global navigation satellite systems and to consider matters of interest to ICG by its members, associate members and observers.

The International Committee also addressed global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) science and innovative technology applications and future commercial applications. Representatives from industry, academia, and governments shared views on GNSS compatibility and interoperability.

With support from NASA funding for flight and accommodations, YGNSS project co-

lead, Stephanie Wan, presented on behalf of the Space Generation Advisory Council

YGNSS project group in the ICG Working Group C. The main objective of the

presentation was to introduce SGAC, YGNSS, its goal to promote GNSS to the youth

through education and outreach to the ICG, and its future activities. The secondary

objective was to seek an observer status membership in the ICG to continue close

collaboration between the two entities.

The SGAC YGNSS presentation at Working Group C was well received by the providers

and the other members, especially with groups that are working on regional GNSS

education programs. At the ICG Working Group C, SGAC YGNSS project group was

able to establish a relationship with the ICG. Working Group C informed the YGNSS

group that in order to receive formal observer status membership, the SGAC head must

write to the UN OOSA, whose role is the Executive Secretariat of the ICG, to formally

seek observer status.

With the SGAC YGNSS team acknowledged at the ICG, the YGNSS project hopes to

continue to maintain close ties with the ICG providers and members of Working Group C,

and further its efforts in GNSS education and outreach.

To see the presentation click here:

http://www.spacegeneration.org/files/downloads/presentations/YGNSS.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------from SGAC presents at the International Committee on GNSS (ICG) - Working Group C | Space Generation Advisory Council

Ahh but this is where you missread, I said they would not be rules that would govern the language they would just be guidlines you can talk however you want but if you do people just might not understand you :computerkeys: A grammar rule cannot force you to do something you are not going to be stopped by the law because you don't spell right....

Buddy, a simple misunderstanding can lead to anger and worse. How many times have you meant to say something, but it came out all wrong? Friendships can be lost and wars could start over this. Would you not want to be clear and concise so that others may understand you? The written word is the same. If I was to take your title and write" never a prefect society" this thread would have taken on a whole new meaning.:computerkeys:

That's the trouble with society. We don't have enough prefects monitoring everything that is going on, and making sure that everyone is being moral and ethical. In fact, I think prefects should be armed, just like in Taliban societies. That would cut the crime rate, believe you me!!! :computerkeys: :circle: :spam: :evil: :hihi:

Buddy, a simple misunderstanding can lead to anger and worse. How many times have you meant to say something, but it came out all wrong? Friendships can be lost and wars could start over this. Would you not want to be clear and concise so that others may understand you? The written word is the same. If I was to take your title and write" never a prefect society" this thread would have taken on a whole new meaning.:)

the keyword would be misunderstanding

with so many languages, a new comer to a language

usually (pronounce, spell, grammatic correctness++)

you know

if you ever talked to someone from a diferent language

you know you have to focus to understand the point they are making

unless they are extremely proficient in (say) english

like my mom, she grew up speaking spanish

now she has been speaking english so long

her spanish skills have somwhat declined

what i'm trying to say is, say you were in the middle of china

with 4 years chinese

and you went to a web site and was trying to explain what you

have learned from the college you went to

with only 4 years in chinese, you may have to restate yourself alot

Buddy, a simple misunderstanding can lead to anger and worse. How many times have you meant to say something, but it came out all wrong? Friendships can be lost and wars could start over this. Would you not want to be clear and concise so that others may understand you? The written word is the same. If I was to take your title and write" never a prefect society" this thread would have taken on a whole new meaning.;)

To your point...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.