Science Forums

Religion vs. Religion: The Game

Overdog

Religion vs Religion, what a wonderful concept, if only it was that simple. We could just let the various "Gods, juju men, shamans, clerics, saviors, witch doctors, priests, yahweh, allah, or what ever the chump of the moment believes in go at each other or better yet put everyone who is totally sure their god is real and everyone else's is BS in a sealed room and see which god saves them from asphyxiation. Who ever lives we could just shoot and stop all this bull **** right now and go on with being human.

Somehow I am reminded of Mad magazines Spy vs Spy

Well, since we can't do that, how about a video game? With levels all the way from heaven to hell...I think it would make for a truly "righteous" first person shooter. :)

Yeah, you could start out as a lowly Backslider, Infidel, Gentile, Heathen, JuJu Man, Shaman...take your pick. How about starting out as the Pope, armed with a sword and an excorcism gun, and have to hack you way through countless throngs of athiests and other non-believers, including Demon-possesed fanatics on you way to Hell, where you need to duct-tape Satan's mouth. Maybe you would even find and use the "BFEG" on the way...Big Fuc*%#ing Excommunication Gun....

Well, since we can't do that, how about a video game? With levels all the way from heaven to hell...I think it would make for a truly "righteous" first person shooter. :confused:

If not too far off the thread topic, such games exist. Who needs sleep? :turtle: >>

Heaven Bound is a Christian-themed game that was released on the PC. Catechumen and Ominous Horizons, Christian First-person shooters, sold over 500,000 copies together. ...
Christian video games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If not too far off the thread topic, such games exist. Who needs sleep?

I had no idea.

But imagine how much fun it would be, starting out as a sinful BackSlider, and working your way up to becoming the head of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Or, if you choose Catholic, eating a holy cracker and getting a Fanatic Boost, which allows you to send non-believers straight to hell by the droves....

The possibilities are endless.

I had no idea.

But imagine how much fun it would be, starting out as a sinful BackSlider, and working your way up to becoming the head of the Sourthern Baptist Convention.

Or, if you choose Catholic, eating a holy cracker and getting a Fanatic Boost, which allows you to send non-believers straight to hell by the droves....

The possibilities are endless.

I think you are on to something here, you end up as the leader of the charismatic movement and try to meet some same sex partners in hotels with out being caught:hihi:

I think you are on to something here, you end up as the leader of the charismatic movement and try to meet some same sex partners in hotels with out being caught:hihi:

That would be excellent as a Catholic sub plot! I mean, what could be better?

Then, if you choose Protestant, your task for advancement might be to catch the Catholic in the the act!

That would be excellent as a Catholic sub plot! I mean, what could be better?

Then, if you choose Protestant, your task for advancement might be to catch the Catholic in the the act!

Recently it was the pinnacle of the Christian right who was caught with another man having sex, of course he had been temporarily possessed by a demon that made him do it so all is well.

Recently it was the pinnacle of the Christian right who was caught with another man having sex, of course he had been temporarily possessed by a demon that made him do it so all is well.

So, sounds like excorcism would definitely be a "must have" power in the game.

So, sounds like excorcism would definitely be a "must have" power in the game.

No doubt and you could have new upstart religions challenge you at random, like the book of Urinatia or Scientology, or the Mormons. Oh oh oh, the Jehovah's witnesses could drop in to annoy and distract you at random too!

No doubt and you could have new upstart religions challenge you at random, like the book of Urinatia or Scientology, or the Mormons. Oh oh oh, the Jehovah's witnesses could drop in to annoy and distract you at random too!

That great. Don't know how I could have forgotten the Jehovah's witnesses. Of all of them, they definitely deserve some sort of exalted position in the game...

That great. Don't know how I could have forgotten the Jehovah's witnesses. Of all of them, they definitely deserve some sort of exalted position in the game...

Of course Judaism and Islam would have to be in the game as well, maybe as interested third parties that help or hinder as the game progresses.

Of course Judaism and Islam would have to be in the game as well, maybe as interested third parties that help or hinder as the game progresses.

I think you should actually be able to start as one of them, perhaps as a Zealot, or something. And, maybe (at max diffuculty) start as Jesus himself!

How are you going to work altar boys into it?

If you're a Level 4 Catholic Priest with an ammo belt stuffed to the brim with communion wafers, a vial of Holy Water and an upgraded armoured Bible with levitation powers, will an altar boy crossing your path weaken you? Also, Protestants can shoot condoms at you, for which you'll have no defence. But you can retaliate by flicking sharpened communion wafers at them, ninja-style. You've already got the whole black outfit thing going, in any case.