Science Forums

Evolution is Fact

InfiniteNow

I believe in directed evolution with a goal in mind. Consider the ...

You do realize there's a difference between "believing" something and "knowing" something? You might as well say "I have faith in directed evolution" which is pretty much the same as "I have faith in a designer". That certain features have evolved in the animal kingdom is not evidence of directed evolution. To prove they're directed you will need to provide proof of the director.

You do realize there's a difference between "believing" something and "knowing" something? You might as well say "I have faith in directed evolution" which is pretty much the same as "I have faith in a designer". That certain features have evolved in the animal kingdom is not evidence of directed evolution. To prove they're directed you will need to provide proof of the director.
Run a creationist:eek2: Its like Macarhyism, lable anyone a creationist if they can think, or see something about life you cannot. Its getting really really old. :(

In my own words..... do you realize how many respected scholars and authors use these types of phases since Castanada ? Is what I said a valid veiwpoint or not?

It was meant as a joke. :(

In Castaneda's book "The Power of Silence", he speaks of intent and the interpretation extends to moving the assemblage point to "The Point of No Pity".

Anyways, your use of the word "intent" is what triggered the joke, or attempt thereof.

The basic premise of your post is a valid viewpoint, imo, though I wouldn't use the word "intent".

Run a creationist:eek2: Its like Macarhyism, lable anyone a creationist if they can think, or see something about life you cannot. Its getting really really old. :(

Did you even read HB's post?

Besides, it's a valid question to ask someone who chooses to assign teleological explanations where none is actually observed scientifically. If someone wants to assert that there is inherent intelligence or direction to the evolution of life forms, it is not like that of McCarthyism to request some form of supporting data other than their personal preference.

Do you disagree?

Did you even read HB's post?

Besides, it's a valid question to ask someone who chooses to assign teleological explanations where none is actually observed scientifically. If someone wants to assert that there is inherent intelligence or direction to the evolution of life forms, it is not like that of McCarthyism to request some form of supporting data other than their personal preference.

Do you disagree?

It like the old Zen proverb " Riding the ox in search of the ox" or more apropos to your stance "Riding the ox and not seeing the ox" There is an inherent intelligent at work in the universe its in you me and in all life.

Because it is inaccurate imho. Intent suggests that we control what is happening. Perhaps "the way" would be more appropriate.

In any case, it's not Biology.

The "way" or "Tao" is the good also but when a kangaroo does what is in its nature there is an instinctual intent involved that results in evolutionary change. Of coarse it does not know that in ten thousand generations of this it may result in a morphological change, but if the kangaroo's "Tao" is good it will adapt and overcome obstacles. It is biology indeed, life acts in ways that can be observed that lead to adaptations.:(

Clay are you still thinking am referring to something religious.. I am saying what’s in life,... you know brains cells, my intent to evolve, your intent to evolve, a rabbits intent to evolve, inherent intelligentsia in all life... hello.

"intent to evolve" implies evolving on purpose as if it could be controlled...

Define intelligentsia.

life acts in ways that can be observed that lead to adaptations.

That is an opinion. It is not knowledge. There is no evidence that adaptations are the results of directed processes, that they are "lead to". Stating your opinion as "fact" does not make it so.

Clay are you still thinking am referring to something religious.. I am saying what’s in life,... you know brains cells, my intent to evolve, your intent to evolve, a rabbits intent to evolve, inherent intelligentsia in all life... hello.

My intent is to survive, not evolve. To evolve biologically takes more time than any individual is alloted. My ability to survive and procreate is what keeps the evolutionary process going. It is the same for all species - even those with no brains.

Evolution is a process, not an objective. There is no evidence to support a claim of evolutionary intent that I am aware of. If you are aware of any, than provide it so that I, and the rest of the dogmatic unenlightened, may be educated.