Science Forums

Who would you like to see as the next US President?

Turtle

Who would you like to see as the next US President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as the next US President?

• Gene Amondson
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Duncan Hunter
    • John McCain
    • Brian Moore
    • Ralph Nader
    • Barack Obama
    • Diane Beall Templin
    • Other

Three thousand American civilians were in those buildings, ya know, not to mention the surrounding populace who narrowly escaped. And most of those serving abroad would proudly sacrifice themselves to prevent another attack as devastating as 9/11. I know I would.

Huckabee, by the way, little too late, I know. The dude just has a wise way of reason in his speeches and arguments, I think.

What does Bush's Iraq war have to do with 911?

It's very sobering to see those numbers. An Iraqi person is important, and while value judgments about life should be avoided, that death rate is just completely unacceptable.

Why haven't we yet stopped this insanity?

Because we have yet to firmly establish American and Iraeli hegemony, and the new Iraqi government has yet to ratify the new Hydrocarbon Law.

Thunderbird:What does Bush's Iraq war have to do with 911?

In a word, influence.

Oh, I see, the way the bush administration can influence

uninformed Americans that alkada and Iraq were where in cohotes together.

The same way Creationist can convince uninformed people that the earth is 6000 yrs old. :evil::eek2::evil::eek2::eek2::hihi::eek::eek::eek:

[MAD][/MAD]
/forums/images/smilies/devilsign.gif
:doh::eek_big::earth::eek_big::doh::eek2::eek2::eek2::evil::evil::eek2::doh:

Oh, I see, the way the bush administration can influence

uninformed Americans that alkada and Iraq were where in cohotes together.

I was just trying to point out that the towers were more than just "a couple of buildings."

More lives have been lost in Bush"s war, and much more money wasted, than a couple of buildings.
Three thousand American civilians were in those buildings, ya know, not to mention the surrounding populace who narrowly escaped. And most of those serving abroad would proudly sacrifice themselves to prevent another attack as devastating as 9/11. I know I would.

I don't know why you pulled me into the Iraq thing... or why I allowed it.

Why haven't we yet stopped this insanity?

That's why we're still there trying to stop it and its the reason the Iraqis asked us to stay and try to help them get control. As despicable as Saddam was he did have the Iraqi people under control, sectarian violence didn't exist for the most part. Now it is rampant and its something that neither we or the Iraqi people know how to get under control. I suspect that authoritarian rule may be the only solution the Iraqi people can survive under :hihi:

P.S. Sorry fpr the off topic reply here.

As despicable as Saddam was he did have the Iraqi people under control, sectarian violence didn't exist for the most part.

Agreed, and it's an interesting point.

Now it is rampant and its something that neither we or the Iraqi people know how to get under control.

I'd be curious to hear your take on Reason's suggestion above regarding our desire for ratification of the Hydrocarbon Law. I ask because I read that as "Money is more important to us than lives," and I know my own bias here may be clouding my perception.

I suspect that authoritarian rule may be the only solution the Iraqi people can survive under

I sure hope not...

P.S. Sorry fpr the off topic reply here.

It's not a big deal really, as you or one of the mods can split these off topic posts into it's own thread? While I cringe a bit at the idea of another Iraq war thread, it's only fair to Turtle who opened this specific thread to discuss preferred candidate for the office of US President...

:hihi:

Huckabee, by the way, little too late, I know. The dude just has a wise way of reason in his speeches and arguments, I think.

so true, what more could i say.

america is ready to be over taken, too many people are not willing to fight

after pearl harbor america was pissed-off. we went to war to kill anyone and everyone that dared call us their enemy.

i was watching the history channel one day and they had an WWII mustang pilot talking about his service. he said he didn't dislike the japs, he hated those S.O.B.'s.

What is your stance? you seemed to of hinted at a connection bewteen [sic] 911 with Iraq.:hihi:

There ya go again. haha But ah well, I think there was an al Qaeda-Iraqi connection. The intelligence just wasn't there when America wanted it. And now that a few years have allowed more time and debate, people have already made up their mind.

The Mother of All Connections

But their connection is no longer an issue. The issue now is withdrawal and the benefits vs. consequences. I personally don't buy that our presence in the middle east threatens their stability. They never had stability as we know it, they had tyranny keeping the peace, and they had propaganda against the democratic societies to keep people ideologically appeased. That's why insurgents were rampant at first, but they'll decrease with time as people realize that we're not there to manipulate or dominate them.

Agreed, and it's an interesting point.I'd be curious to hear your take on Reason's suggestion above regarding our desire for ratification of the Hydrocarbon Law.

If the Iraqi people do not want to ratify it then I support their wishes....