Science Forums

What do ya do when feeling depressed?

Tim_Lou

Depressed? Who the heck has time to be depressed? I'm no sally-sunshine, but there really is so little to be down about. I mean - I wake up every morning. I breathe in air. My children are healthy. My husband loves me. I have a decent life.

Yes, I've had troubles. Drinking, abusive ex. Child almost died. Mother did die. Money woes like you can't imagine.

But you have to just keep plugging through, one day, or one minute, or one second at a time, and the crisis passes (it always does), and you learn a little, laugh a little, maybe even cry a little, but you just keep breathing.

I think it's all in the way you look at things, myself. No offense to anyone out there that is depressed, but it's not something I have time for in my life, and I hope I never do.

I smoke a bowl.

Word.

If I can't get my hands on a bowl you'll find me listening/singing to some Paul Brandt to get me out of any depressed mood... a few of his tunes that're more likely to shake me up and get me moving are 'Convoy', 'My Heart Has a History', and my ever favorite: 'Canadian Man'

:) 'Canadian man. At your service, from the land of the chill. If I can't warm you baby, nobody will. A genuine Canadian man. Strong and free, that's the true-north, and baby that's me. I'll salute you a long as need be. A genuine Canadian man...' ;)

When I used to get depressed with work and commuting etc I'd pull out my copy of 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' by Alexander Solzhenitsyn & read it on the train. I doesn't take long to read and I dont know why but I allways feel better when I fininish it.

Must be the bit about daily bread.