Science Forums

My own Country!

Theory5

I don't see what your proving with that and I don't understand why you say "successfully" when apartheid was abolished decades later.

He used passive resistance against the British and it was successful in obtaining the independence of India. In South Africa he obtained respect when being discriminated against, by reasoning with the British according to their own arguments. Are you sure you got the history straight, before posting the above?

Ghandi left South Africa decades before the invention of Apartheid, so there's a bit of an historical error in your argument.

Hello Boerseun,

The ANC have a different view. BTW, what did they call racist tyranny in SA before the term apartheid was used.

INDIAN PASSIVE RESISTANCE IN SOUTH AFRICA, 1946-1948

The Indian passive resistance of 1946-48 was a landmark in the history of the South African liberation struggle. It was the first episode in a continuous and determined mass movement for liberation from racist tyranny and the training ground for many Indians who went on to make great contributions to the national liberation movement. It initiated the mobilisation of world public opinion in support of freedom in South Africa.