Science Forums

Bloody hell!!!

Boerseun

Crikey Moses! Jimminy Cricket! Sweet Mary Jane!

GREAT GOBS OF GOOSESHIT!!!

Have you ever seen a robber crab? Ever seen one up close and personal? Ever seen one mistake a dustbin for a palm tree?!?! CHECK THE SIZE OF THAT BASTARD!!!

These suckers live on coconuts! They climb up the tree and pince the coconuts off, which fall to the ground - where they get eaten by these monsters once they've descended again.

Check out those claws! They crack open a coconut as if it's a piece of cardboard!

I considered posting this in "Cool Animals", but these are the stuff nightmares are made of! Imagine you get drunk on the beach and pass out and one of these things mistake your leg for a coconut tree, and tries to go for the nuts?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'M NOT GOING TO SLEEP ON THE BEACH, EVER AGAIN.

Jeeze, I can't even stand crickets or cockroaches! If I walk into this monster, I'll soil my drawers, to put it nicely.

Crikey Moses! Jimminy Cricket! Sweet Mary Jane!

GREAT GOBS OF GOOSESHIT!!!

Have you ever seen a robber crab? Ever seen one up close and personal? Ever seen one mistake a dustbin for a palm tree?!?! CHECK THE SIZE OF THAT BASTARD!!!

These suckers live on coconuts! They climb up the tree and pince the coconuts off, which fall to the ground - where they get eaten by these monsters once they've descended again.

Check out those claws! They crack open a coconut as if it's a piece of cardboard!

I considered posting this in "Cool Animals", but these are the stuff nightmares are made of! Imagine you get drunk on the beach and pass out and one of these things mistake your leg for a coconut tree, and tries to go for the nuts?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'M NOT GOING TO SLEEP ON THE BEACH, EVER AGAIN.

Jeeze, I can't even stand crickets or cockroaches! If I walk into this monster, I'll soil my drawers, to put it nicely.

nightmares? Oh no my friend, a big pot of boiling water and throw one of these things in and you have heaven on the menu!

Michael

:eek2:

Whats the name of these little (?) critters? what countries are they native to? Thank god theres no coconut palms in australia (I think :lol: )

I think we're okay here, but don't go to any of these places...

Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean has the largest and best-preserved population in the world. Large populations also exist on the Cook Islands (Pacific Islands), especially Pukapuka, Suwarrow, Mangaia, Takutea, Mauke, Atiu, and Palmerston Island. Other populations exist on the Seychelles, especially Aldabra, Glorioso Islands, Astove Island, Assumption Island, and Cosmoledo, but the coconut crab is extinct on the central islands. They are also known on several of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal.

Coconut crab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In American mythology, Paul Bunyan had a bad case of really big crabs--probably these robber crabs. He got 'em from Babe, his blue ox. The itching got so bad, that Paul would straddle small mountains and scratch hisself on them. This wore down the mountain-tops something fierce, giving them flat tops. To this day, you can still see these "mesas" throughout our south-western states.