Science Forums

Fluoride Alert!

Wackos on both the left and right going back to the John Birch Society have been calling flouridation of water a Commie/Capitalist plot against America since the fifties. Its the source of General Jack D. Ripper's line: "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids," in Dr. Strangelove...

Don't say that you're more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are... So we're both sorry, all right, :confused:

Buffy

Sometimes it's tough to know what to believe and what's crap. Just keep reading about it to see if others are finding the same things.

You might be interested in this:

Fluoride & the Brain: "Fireworks at Forsyth" - Google Video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4334061106884519768

Fluoride Benefits

WHO | Fluoride in drinking-water

REVIEW OF FLUORIDE: BENEFITS AND RISKS

Wackos on both the left and right going back to the John Birch Society have been calling flouridation of water a Commie/Capitalist plot against America since the fifties. Its the source of General Jack D. Ripper's line: "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids," in Dr. Strangelove...

Don't say that you're more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are... So we're both sorry, all right, :phones:

Buffy

:lol:

Orbs, if you haven't already seen this amazing film by Kubrick, you simply must. Buffy's comments above will become much less obscure to you.

"Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines."

Hmph.

Thank you. That's really all I needed to read.

I've been suckin' on flouride my whole life, and my brain seems to be working fine. I can still play guitar, dance, and make sushi. w00t.

There's a lot of junk on the internet that I come accross and i thank your brains for helping me filter thru it. peace.

Hmph.

Thank you. That's really all I needed to read.

I've been suckin' on flouride my whole life, and my brain seems to be working fine. I can still play guitar, dance, and make sushi. w00t.

Honestly mate, considering the lifestyle you've so frequently discussed, it makes me laugh that you'd be concerned about something like flouride. :lol:

Peace back atcha. :phones:

What do you mean?
Don't say that you're more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are... So we're both sorry, all right
Surely Dmitrij I've as much right as you, to be sorry about this whole thing...
:phones:

Orbs, if you haven't already seen this amazing film by Kubrick, you simply must. Buffy's comments above will become much less obscure to you.

"Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines."

The People's Central Air Defense Headquarters... Where is that, Dmitri?... In Omsk... Right... Yes... Oh, you'll call them first, will you?... Uh-huh... Listen, do you happen to have the phone number on you, Dmitri?... Whe-ah, what? I see, just ask for Omsk information...

Guest chendoh

This happened the first full week of December, 2005...9th,10th,11th...:(

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What Is The Point Of Pennsylvania-American Water Company's Web Site?

Seriously. I'm sure a lot of people in Pennsylvania have been looking at their web site this weekend. Why? You can't tell from PAWC's site, but since early Saturday morning, there's been a possible fluoride leak in the water, and residents are not supposed to be drinking water from PAWC...

Residents of Fairview and Newberry townships in northern YorkCounty, and several boroughs and townships in CumberlandCounty, should not use their water until further notice because of possibly elevated levels of fluoride in the water, according to the YorkCounty's Office of Emergency Management.

The Cumberland communities are the boroughs of Camp Hill, Lemoyne, New Cumberland, New Kingstown, Shiremanstown, Wormleysburg and West Fairview; and the townships of East Pennsboro, Enola, Hampden, Lower Allen, Upper Allen and Silver Spring.

The emergency management office issued the following advisories:

· Do not drink the water.

· Do not use water for cooking.

· Do not provide water to pets.

· It is OK to use water for washing dishes, bathing and flushing the toilet.

The emergency management office said the advisory is the result of an incident at Pennsylvania-American Water Company, which supplies water to the area.

The lack of news about this on PAWC's site is ridiculous and somewhat irresponsible. The web site is established to spread information. Failing to post about the fluoride does the exact opposite.

Update: As of midday on Sunday, news reports state that the fluoride problem has been resolved and normal water consumption is advised.

http://www.psotd.com/posts/1134310113.shtml

From what I gathered, 'Somehow' one of the workers left a valve open on a large supply tank, ostensibly for cleaning and didn't realize it until much later that he/she/it? didn't reset the valves for operations....:shrug:

Which is like 'unattended cooking' in the fire marshalls report....:eek2:

I live in Enola, East Pennsboro Twp., and work in Hampden, at the area's largest newspaper, an guess what?!?

Editorial was as much in the dark as the populace!

After researching on the web, I came to the conclusion that one could become ill from large doses, but you would have to consume a lot over a long?, period of time.

Gotta' love those utilties...:hihi:

Oh, and Pa. is just getting back into Deregulation of electric power, can't wait to see our bill when that happens.:doh:

One of the upstate counties, just got hit!....Their bills increased by 175 to 200%...WTF?!!?...:( :doh: :eek_big: :eek2: :( :doh: :eek: :lol: :evil: :confused: :(

Guest chendoh

Almost forgot........

Love the Kubrick!!!!!

My favorite, is the look on Slim Pickins face as he rode "The Bull" on the way down.:confused: