Science Forums

Fluoride Alert!

Guest chendoh

!!!!!!!!!!!!Orby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you get the tape, and DO NOT want to know the ending.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER?- FARTHER?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeh!!!!!Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Givin' that ol' hoop d' do!!!!!!!!!!Diggin' those spurs!!!

Wahhhh!!!!!!!Hoooo!!!Hooooo!!!!!!!!Hoooo!!!!

The screen goes blank.......then.........................................It, goes off.

The credits start to roll, and that ol' British War Song kicks in

"We'll meet again...Don't know how....Don't know when".......

!!Love the Kubrick!!!

Guest chendoh
Shaking his ten-gallon as if he was winning the rodeo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"What! But Coke would sue me!!!!!" :rotfl:
Then he shoots with his red ryder replica of a M14, with all the change pouring out of the machine, so Mandrake could have a dime to call SAC Headquarters.

• 2 weeks later...

It's all about the dosage, quantity, amount... If I drink a shot of vodka I am feeling great (not a big drinker) and if I drink a bottle I might be dead.

I personally feel it is a good idea for everyone to stop adding flouride to the water. The more I drink tap water, the more flouride I drink. I have no way to take the flouride out. I brew and drink coffee at home or out and I know neither I nor the places I go use filtered water...

As my micro teacher said, "It's all about the numbers". Escherichia coli on spinach is the idea, 10 microbes no problem, but 100 + will make a person sick. One chocolate no problem, 10 - 20 might make a person sick.

• 1 month later...
It's all about the dosage, quantity, amount... If I drink a shot of vodka I am feeling great (not a big drinker) and if I drink a bottle I might be dead.

I personally feel it is a good idea for everyone to stop adding flouride to the water. The more I drink tap water, the more flouride I drink. I have no way to take the flouride out. I brew and drink coffee at home or out and I know neither I nor the places I go use filtered water...

As my micro teacher said, "It's all about the numbers". Escherichia coli on spinach is the idea, 10 microbes no problem, but 100 + will make a person sick. One chocolate no problem, 10 - 20 might make a person sick.

Right ho !

All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison.

The right dose differentiates a poison from a remedy.

-Parcelsus

I wonder sometimes, if fluoride is such a nuisance, then why do they add it to the tooth-pastes as well ??:doh:

After reading this post, I may have to shun 'Colgate & Pepsodent' completely, & go for a herbal-paste instead:hihi:

If you wonder if the fluoride in water is affecting you try taking the mineral Zinc for a couple weeks. Play your favorite word or number related games and see the difference

Fluorides cause "zinc deficiency". Both organic(tea) and inorganic fluoride compounds have shown to inhibit zinc containing enzymes, such as carbonic anhydrase (Dugad et al 1988,1989; Gelb et al, 1985) which is also now used as a marker for thyroid dysfunction (Hori et al, 1998).

http://http://www.rvi.net/~fluoride/000125.htm

Zinc: Called the intelligence mineral, zinc is required for mental development, for healthy reproductive organs (particularly the prostate gland), for protein synthesis and collagen formation. Zinc is also involved in the blood sugar control mechanism and thus protects against diabetes. Zinc is needed to maintain proper levels of vitamin E in the blood. Inability to taste or smell and loss of appetite are signs of zinc deficiency.

http://http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnutrition/mineralprimer.html

Fluorides cause "zinc deficiency". Men have a lot at stake too as it really affects the prostate.

Not getting enough zinc can have serious effects on our health. Some of the symptoms of zinc deficiency include hair loss, mental apathy and damage to reproductive organs. Decreased growth rate and impaired mental capacity are other symptoms. Additionally, you can loose most of your senses of taste and smell, develop mental disorders and men can even become impotent without enough zinc.

http://http://www.mii.org/periodic/LifeElement.html#zn

I learned the hard way by developing dementia at the age of 50 due increased consumption of water. I drank 4 liters a day for 10 years and kept getting sicker, with more pain, and finally couldn't think clearly to do my living (electrical work) nor hardly able to drive it was so confusing. This started to turn around within a few weeks by adding a good sea salt (1/4 teaspoon per liter of H2o*) and 50 mg Zinc a day.

*http://http://www.watercure.com/

Reverse osmosis filters remove the fluoride from water, most filters do not. Also, most bottle water has fluoride as it is mostly filtered tap water.

I wonder sometimes, if fluoride is such a nuisance, then why do they add it to the tooth-pastes as well ??:confused:

After reading this post, I may have to shun 'Colgate & Pepsodent' completely, & go for a herbal-paste instead:hihi:

4 out of 5 Dentists will tell you it is important in the fight against tooth decay. Even in very small doses, it's good at destroying those little buggers that like to feast on the enamel of your teeth. :winknudge:

• 5 months later...
4 out of 5 Dentists will tell you it is important in the fight against tooth decay. Even in very small doses, it's good at destroying those little buggers that like to feast on the enamel of your teeth. :hihi:

Never mind that those little doses accumulate in bone. :hihi:

Fluoride the poison.

... We learned that fluoride is a poison that accumulates in our bones. It has been associated with cancer in young males; osteoporosis; reduced I.Q.; and hip fractures in the elderly, to name a few. George Orwell would have been dazzled by the promotion of this toxic by dental and public health officials and concurrently, the avoidance of this issue by the environmental community. We think it has a lot to do with the sordid 50-year history of the promotion of fluoridation by the U.S. Department of Public Health and the American Dental Association. Rather than acknowledge the accumulating evidence of fluoride's threat to human health, they have en-trenched themselves in a position that has produced tactics that include the harassment of scientists and dentists who speak out." ...

4 out of 5 Dentists will tell you it is important in the fight against tooth decay. Even in very small doses, it's good at destroying those little buggers that like to feast on the enamel of your teeth. :shrug:

If 4 out of 5 used car salesmen said that the pinto on the front lot was a wise investment and a great little car.......would you buy it?

4 out of 5 dentists recomend because it keeps them in the business of drilling and filling. :evil: I have only once EVER used tooth paste...for one year I used it and got the only cavities I've ever had...I promptly went back to baking soda...yup plain ol' baking soda on my brush...no more problems with my teeth. From what I've dug up on the subject over the years flouride reacts with calcium stripping it from tooth and bone weakening them.

What is this, Fox news? Can you all at least provide scientific sources, perhaps specific research in support of your claims?

The above is no better than a site trying to debunk evolution. :evil:

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1678-77572006000200013

The preventive effects of fluoride, largely recognized in Public health, are greater when water is used as the vehicle, due to the reach of the method, its effectiveness, cost and frequency of intake5,15,16,17,18. In addition, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), US, fluoridation of the public water supply is one of the top ten important public health measures in the twentieth century. According to the CDC, the control of dental caries in children by using fluoridated water ranges from 40-70%. Furthermore, it reduces between 40 and 60% the number of lost teeth in adults. The benefits of water fluoridation are proportionally higher for people that do not have regular access to other sources of fluoride5. Thus, it is important that water fluoridation is adequately implemented and maintained with a permanent system of monitoring.

Recommendations for Using Fluoride to Prevent and Control Dental Caries in the United States

When used appropriately, fluoride is a safe and effective agent that can be used to prevent and control dental caries. Fluoride has contributed profoundly to the improved dental health of persons in the United States and other countries. Fluoride is needed regularly throughout life to protect teeth against tooth decay. To ensure additional gains in oral health, water fluoridation should be extended to additional communities, and fluoride toothpaste should be used widely. Adoption of these and other recommendations in this report could lead to considerable savings in public and private resources without compromising fluoride's substantial benefit of improved dental health.

That second link I shared above is pretty robust. Spend some time there instead of these other retarded alarmist sites, will ya?

I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love... :shrug:

Thanks for chiming in guys. I appreciate the info. To be honest, I wasn't really very aware that there was this much of a controversy surrounding the use of flouride in thoothpaste and the inclusion of it in our water supply. In my experience, it's just been kind of a no-brainer that it's there.

My mother may have mentioned it at some point before she died. She was always gathering information and expressing concern about the increasing use of chemicals in our food and water, and in household cleaning supplies. Often, it seemed overbearing and somewhat irrational to me, and I was probably guilty of tuning her out on occasion, missing her warnings regarding flouride.

I am open to alternate information if it can be shown that flouride in any amount is harmful. But in my experience, which I profess is limited, I haven't been aware personally, or publicly that the use of flouride has been anything but beneficial in the fight against tooth decay.

I happen to have a great dentist and hygenist who are very genuine with integrity, and I haven't felt that there has been any ulterior motive with their recommendations. They seem to have a sincere concern for the health and wellbeing of my family's teeth and gums.

Mostly, my post above was intended to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek, reflecting on the old Tri-Dent chewing gum commertials. But I'm glad it managed to stimulate additional information. :shrug: