Science Forums

What do you think is the best technological advance of 2004.

What do you think is the best technological advance of 2004?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best technological advance of 2004?

• Nanowire-based biochip
    • Photonic crystal devices
    • Software program for designing computer chips made from DNA-assembled carbon nanotubes
    • Robots ability to play Capture the Flag
    • Solar cell using the energy of a single photon to move two electrons rather than just one
    • Robot scientist
    • Six-node quantum cryptography network
    • Five-photon entanglement
    • Miniscule mechanical memory cell
    • Selective shutdown

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well glad to see the site's members are so consistant! 5 votes, all different! I LOVE IT! :-)

Yes it was hard and my vote is close to a coin flip (if I had a 10 sided coin!)

But my current intellectual facination is with QM and particles. Thus the 5 entangled photons. As far as far reaching understandings, dealing with particles at this level will ultimately give us more insight and capabilities than even nano-tech.

Can I vote again tomorrow? I might change my mind by then!

they should all deserve recognition...!

Very true,alex. And what better way to recognize them than to put them on a TOP10 list here at Hypography, the premier science site the Net has to offer...

Which makes me wonder why Tormod isn't on that list somewhere. He should somehow be recognized for bringing this charming little web experiment along so nicely. Or will that only happen when he sells it to Bill Gates (because YOU, alex, spread such viscious 'lies' about Gates' beloved MSN), and all of the Admins and Mods become multi-billionaires? Come on, alex, MORE Linux propaganda please!!!!

Or will that only happen when he sells it to Bill Gates (because YOU, alex, spread such viscious 'lies' about Gates' beloved MSN), and all of the Admins and Mods become multi-billionaires? Come on, alex, MORE Linux propaganda please!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo...................

Plese, please tell me that you will never microsoftize this website? I will not be able to live with myself if this website all of the sudden went to ASP! I will seriously own that microsoft box and make sure that it will be completely opened for anyone to use, maybe run a few dozen services in the background...

more propaganda, plese, for network admins, there's no better tool for network scanning than nmap, other great tool is etherial, and both are open and were originally written for LINUX!

here's a good link that i think people should check out: http://pel.cs.byu.edu/~alen/computers/Linux/WhyLinux/Why.html

loads of why linux is better stuff!

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo...................

Plese, please tell me that you will never microsoftize this website? I will not be able to live with myself if this website all of the sudden went to ASP!

Or worse .net!

loads of why linux is better stuff!

Except when forced to deal with .doc or .xls! Just opened a .doc in Staroffice. Looks real strange!

Or worse .net!

if you meant ASP.net, that is the worst nightmare you can ever have!

Except when forced to deal with .doc or .xls! Just opened a .doc in Staroffice. Looks real strange!

OpenOffice actually XOpenOffice or Koffice are better for this stuff, they open xls and doc documents really well, i've never had problems with weird looking documents in them.