Science Forums

What are you listening to right now?

Boerseun

I saw that film last month, very good. I'll have to check out the soundtrack as I remember loving the music during the film. I absolutely LOVE Brazilian music (Bossa, Samba, Forro, etc.).

Anyhow, right now I'm listening to:

Toots and the Maytals - Bam Bam

I've had it on repeat for a while now (not constant repeat, but sporadic repeat :shrug: ).

Arcade Fire
-Buffy

Don't ya just love PBS music nights (Saturday night here probably everywhere else also just felt the need to clarify) Austin city limits and about 2 or 3 other music programs at least one always jazz/bluegrass/folk/or traditional americana.

Oh yeah...

Right now I'm listening to a kind of Freedom chant/Punk/Cello type thing that I just finished laying the ground work on. I've only got 10 lines (bars?) of lyrics and the rhythm down so far and no you can't hear it NOONE EVER gets to hear me sing (unless I'm reeeeeal drunk at the time!)

I saw that film last month, very good. I'll have to check out the soundtrack as I remember loving the music during the film. I absolutely LOVE Brazilian music (Bossa, Samba, Forro, etc.).

Freeztar-

I have great intrest in Samba music but I am having trouble finding good artists. Perhaps you have some suggestions or places to start discovering? :confused:

I agree the music during the movie was outstanding. Unfortunitely the two-part soundtrack is only remixes. There are still some good tracks though...

I have great intrest in Samba music but I am having trouble finding good artists. Perhaps you have some suggestions or places to start discovering? :confused:

Of course! :shrug:

Bebel Gilberto

Trio Mocoto

*Clara Nunes

*Sergio Mendez

Gal Costa

Elis Regina

*Mestre Marcal

*Jackson do Pandeiro

*Carlinhos Brown

Gilberto Gil

Carlinhos Repique

Zeca Pagodinho

*Olodum

*Sambaholics (if you can find their complete tune "Samba Reggae", GET IT! It's my favorite marching samba song ever!! Otherwise, you can enjoy the 2-minute preview on their site that I linked to)

* These are pure Samba artists meaning that they play only batteria style Samba, no Bossa

Also, I'm not sure where you live, but some cities have community samba bands (Portland, OR - Olympia, WA for sure). It's a great way to get into the music and is VERY fun! I liked it so much that I bought a surdo (which now mainly collects dust because I live in Atlanta with noone to play samba with).