Science Forums

What are you listening to right now?

Boerseun

James Blunt - You're Beautiful.

Hmmm, I think maybe that is the first time i have been called that. I'm old white headed and have lived a rough life. I think maybe seasoned would be more accurate but my wife tells me I'm handsome but after 31 years i think she is a little bit off her nut. Now Maria Muldaur, she is beautiful. some of the words to the song are, "don't cha' feel my leg, because if you feel my leg you'll want to feel my thigh and if you feel my thigh you'll want to go up high so don't cha' feel my leg" Great song

Michael

Bach's Concerto in D Minor, BWV1052

Ok, at the risk of upsetting someone I have to ask. Is an answer like this supposed to impress someone of your musical tastes or do you really spend a lot of time listening to classical music? while I like at some of nearly all types of music and much of classical music depending on who is actually playing it. But I listen to it so seldom that it would be highly unlikely to be listening to it online with a computer stereo system. Maybe with my Infinity 1.5's pushing about 500 watts at 4 ohms but I wouldn't want the distraction of the computer to ruin my experience. maybe a bottle of a good wine and a doobie but I have to admit I feel that way about almost all music but I do keep some of my fav jazz and rock songs going on my head phones sometimes. But I usually am concentrating on some problem seldom really hear what is playing. so do you set and listen to such music on your computer or are you just trying to impress us? It's an honest question, I mean no disrespect. I am hardly a musical expert but it do know what I like and that's what i listen to most of the time. right now it's a cover of Led Zepplen's Battle of Evermore by Heart. But by typing this I have missed most of the song! Now it's "Singing Winds and Crying Beasts" by Santana From the Album "Santana Abraxis"

Michael

Michael

sometimes I wake up in the morning/afternoon and move around like tall grass in slow motion completely naked to bachs concertos blasting them so loud in total awe and appreciation.

Impressions?

Documentations?

Absurd?

Whatever.

WE LOVE BACH!

HAAAAAAHAHAHA Happy Halloween!

sometimes I wake up in the morning/afternoon and move around like tall grass in slow motion completely naked to bachs concertos blasting them so loud in total awe and appreciation.

Impressions?

Documentations?

Absurd?

Whatever.

WE LOVE BACH!

HAAAAAAHAHAHA Happy Halloween!

Naked always sounds great to me, When I first moved into this house 30 years ago the woman who lived across the street would always walk out to her front side walk and pick up her paper naked. she was about 80 years old and a hoot. BTW I know what trichocereus bridgesii is and what it is used for, no wonder the sound feels so good!

Michael

BTW I am listening to Little Neutrino right now by Klaatu, it's not as impressive on the computer head phones as it at about 100 decebels on my home system, everyone should hear it once at full blast. Canadian band by the way. Great place Canada, like a garage apartment above a wild party. "George Carlin"

Michael

Ok, at the risk of upsetting someone I have to ask. Is an answer like this supposed to impress someone of your musical tastes or do you really spend a lot of time listening to classical music?

I listen to classical most nights on my headphones when I go to bed and in the morning when I wake, which happens to be when I check in here. I really enjoy the complexity of it and find it really stimulates the mind. It is playing through my LaScala's though, not my PC. BTW, you might try listening to it when you're trying to concentrate on those problems you mentioned. I find it much less distracting or even stimulating when I'm trying hard to focus on something.

Throughout the day I mostly like guitar rock and the blues. My favorites include SRV, Clapton, BB King and others in the same vein. I'm quite the fan of 60s and 70s era rock and it would be my preferred audio with wine and a doobie. I enjoy jazz as well and have been known to put on opera once in a while. I have Music Choice on the cable system so I can pretty much enjoy any genre I want at the time.

I really like contemporary music that borrows from the classical or romantics. Brian Eno did this a lot -he produced the albums that added a rocket to U2's wagon -"In the Name of Love" was produced and recorded with him, Eric Carmen borrowed from Rachmaninoff. You can actually hear a lot of classical themes that are in modern stuff.

I haven't heard them in years. Back when I first started converting my music collection from LP to CD I had a real hard time finding any CD releases for them...

I have a CD by them, it contains the first and second albums. I would like to get thier album Endangered Species on CD

Michael