Science Forums

President bush!

Tim_Lou

So the latest question becomes just how long will Bush and Chaney get away with direct lies about Iraq and their totally invented connection with 9/11, al Quida? The INDEPENDANT BIPARTISAN investigative commission Bush himself established states that there is no identifyable working connection between pre-war Iraq and al Quida. Yet Chaney and Bush continue to directly lie about it every chance they get.

It is as if they feel that lying often enough will get the people to believe them

The problem is we find it has worked for them since the Bush campaign first started. The general US population seems to love Bush's lies.

You would think that Bush was Pinocchio and the US population was a woman sitting on his face yelling "Lie to me!".

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by: Freethinker

You would think that Bush was Pinocchio and the US population was a woman sitting on his face yelling "Lie to me!".

Freethinker, you're beautiful

LMAO! Now there's a good one. in all honesty though I really do wonder about the mental health of most of the US population at this moment. And people say Canadians smoke too much pot. Maby that's the problem, THC does tend to slow down the deteroration of brain cells(though this is far from prooven).

On a more serious note, I'd say bush has about as long as it takes before he tries to put in gun controll legislation; Americans are a little less understanding than Canadians in that respect.

Originally posted by: GAHD

LMAO! Now there's a good one. in all honesty though I really do wonder about the mental health of most of the US population at this moment.

I am continually amazed at how ignorant and illogical the US pop is about this (but then the vast majority believe theres some old guy in the sky that wants to punish them any way possible).

I read a letter in the local rag from a 52 yr old "computer technician". He stated that he has been "outsourced" out of a job and has no prospects for a new job. He blames Bush for the whole thing. SO far so good, he's been paying attention.

He then says that unfortunately even if Kerry gets into office it would take so long for any positive effects that it would be too late to help him. Ok, pessimistic prehaps, but still valid.

The clincher is his conclussion... Therefore he is going to vote for Bush....

I hope my life is never in the hands of a programmer that is that stupid and illogical!

And people say Canadians smoke too much pot. Maby that's the problem, THC does tend to slow down the deteroration of brain cells(though this is far from prooven).

THC slows EVERYTHING (but your appetite) down I guess?

On a more serious note, I'd say bush has about as long as it takes before he tries to put in gun controll legislation; Americans are a little less understanding than Canadians in that respect.

OK, you lost me here. I am not up to speed on Canadian gun law issues.

Originally posted by: Tim_Lou

arh~

a korean's head got chopped off.....

which made it 3.....

what a poor unlucky guy.............

Chalk one more up for GWB and religion in general!! Isn't that what they're all about? Old dubya used the oil industry to buy his way into office with the sole purpose of waging his personal holy war. (His daddy may have wanted his say in it also) It may be good that you like christians Tim, because if little george gets another term and happens to appoint two or more supreme court justices we may all be forced to go to church every Wednesday and Sunday.

• 1 month later...

a great new tibit on the elected dictator; 'Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of "Bushisms" on Thursday, declaring that his administration will "never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people." '

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/05/bush.ap/index.html

Somwhow, this doesn't surprise me.

After 25 years intentionally removed from Politics, the BOSS, Bruce Springsteen says enough! He is helping to organize 34 concerts with 20 stars in 9 states to CRUSH BUSH!

The Vote for Change Tour

http://actforvictory.org/vote_for_change/index.php

Never have so many been against one person, especially a sitting US president. Bush is the most hated person in the world right now. There were almost no protestors at the Demo convention, there will be 10 -2 0 times more protestors at the Repubs Con then delegates and attendees. He IS a uniter, but only against his election (not RE as he was not elected the first time.)

(not RE as he was not elected the first time.)

Ok, FreeT, you're going to have to explain this one to me, ok?

How was he NOT elected the first time? Did we skip the electoral college process? If so, I missed that. I would have thought that it would have made news had we done away with the electoral college for the last election. How did he get into office if not 'elected'?

Never have so many been against one person,

Also, what is this in relation to, and what facts do you have that support this claim?

So many what? So many democrats? Liberals? Countries? Constituents?

especially a sitting US president.

Well, there have been a few others that were probably disliked just as much. The former occupant of the White House comes to mind. As does the only other president to be impeached. And Kennedy was not very popular among an enormous group of people. The list goes on...

I think that every president has been the best, or the worst, depending on which side of the coin you are on, and when you live. Obviously we can look back and see that Lincoln was not all bad, but during his reign, I mean - term, he was not very popluar at all. Heck, an entire section of the country decided to leave the union because of him (ok, that's a bit oversimplified, but you get my point, I hope!).

I think the same will hold true with our current president. He may be wildly unpopular right now, but just wait... he'll pay to have the history books paint him in a much more popular light!!

Actually, this reminds me...

In your 06/15/2004 01:02 PM post, you used the words "Intelligent" and "Christians" in the same sentence, in the same phrase, side by side... specifically "INTELLEGENT Christians". Do you mean to imply that you think such a thing is possible? That there might possibly be a group of Christians out there that you would consider intelligent?

I mean, I would love for my inference be true, but you have posted so many things that would indicate the contrary...

Your republican pres was appointed by the supreme court. The previous pres managed to turn the last republican rape of our economy around, and into the largest budget surplus in the history of the world. Your repuke pres has managed to turn that surplus into the largest deficit in the history of the world. But it doesn't matter, because you will all be in heaven after the rapture, us heathens will have to deal with your mess even after you're gone. Deja vue? What's new?

Your republican pres...

Your repuke pres...

you will all ...

Why do you continue to insist upon trying to make blanket statements that have little basis in reality? The last I heard, you were still a citizen of this country. So that makes him YOUR republican pres also, doesn't it? Just because I do not agree with the policies, decisions or actions of the person in office, that does not mean that the person is no longer my president. As a willing citizen of this country, I can't just choose not to recognize the person in charge because I don't agree with him.

Of course, some of that attitude may have been influenced by military service. Clinton was my Commander-in-Chief, even though I didn't agree with all of his decisions. So was Bush Senior, even though I didn't agree with him 100% of the time. However, as my citizenship is not something that I am forced to maintain, I could always choose to move elsewhere if I really had a problem with either of them (after my tour, of course).

After visiting and residing in other countries, I feel that this one offers the widest range of opportunities for me to pursue, and the best chance for me to raise my children in the manner that I find most appropriate, so I stay. Part of staying is accepting that there will be things that I do not like. I can either try to change those things, learn to live with those things, or move to Canada (or more likely to Italy). Most everyone that can read this post has the same options. If you don't like Shrub, vote him out or move.

However, to assert that he is *my* anything, based (I'm guessing) on the fact that i am a Christian, is really rather narrow-minded. And personally I find it offensive.

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

Why do you continue to insist upon trying to make blanket statements that have little basis in reality?

I thought you were a republican, am I mistaken?

The last I heard, you were still a citizen of this country.

Yes,..I am. And I am proud to be so. Like you, I served my country, not the Navy however,...the USMC. Surprise, I'm a former jarhead.

So that makes him YOUR republican pres also, doesn't it?

I didn't vote for him, he was not legally elected,..so no,...he is not my president. He is a criminal dictator that should be sharing a cell with Sadam Hussein.

Just because I do not agree with the policies, decisions or actions of the person in office, that does not mean that the person is no longer my president. As a willing citizen of this country, I can't just choose not to recognize the person in charge because I don't agree with him.

Of course you are right. Few Cubans agree with Castro, he is still their "leader". Bush is the puppet of those actually in charge. We can always vote him out of office. That does little when you live in a state that regularly votes republican by 70%, the electoral college has made my vote for the past 25 years totally meaningless.

However, to assert that he is *my* anything, based (I'm guessing) on the fact that i am a Christian, is really rather narrow-minded. And personally I find it offensive.

Your christianity has nothing to do with it. As stated above, I thought I had read in several of your posts that you were a republican. You do go to great lengths here trying to show how he is OUR president, at the same time being offended if I call him your president. I'm a bit confused with that thinking. If you are a republican,...go on and be offended,..as I disagree with virtually all they stand for. If you are not a republican, don't be offended.