Science Forums

Hi, I'm new

DanielFB

:eek2: Hello, I'm new here. My name is daniel, and I like physics and stuff. I really like the idea of scientific principles holding the universe together like glue or nails. I make sure to see that i read some science but, you know, I'm not in university. :) Philosophy brought me to science. Questions about God and whether absolutes ensure his existence are interesting. I think principles like Newtons inertia say things about the morality of God, but furthermore, I like knowing about gravity and time. Have you read: Gravity from the ground up, by Bernard Shutz at all? :D It is great... and isn't gravity a force that is amazing. I have some questions about it though and i have got problems with the theory that it comes from the curvature of space and time which i am going to post soon. I'm basically a beginner in science... ;) I've forgotten my GCSEs and skipped right over to general relativity, special relativity, quantum mechanics, superstring theory and gravity and have a general interest in particle physics and think that it would be great were i to become a particle physicist in the future with a lotus. :D I'm twenty six, british and samoan, and i know how to plaster and i'm going to college where i hope to gain access to a philosophy course and i would like take an access to a physics degree because i think philosophy and physics go hand in hand. ;)

Please don't expect any einstein/broglie/plank like theories from me, but do think of me as a budding theorist....

Nice to meet you. Daniel best. :)

Please don't expect any einstein/broglie/plank like theories from me, but do think of me as a budding theorist....

Nice to meet you. Daniel best. :eek2:

Nice to have you onboard DanielFB, and don't worry about becoming another Einstein. We have a number of very intelligent members here at Hypography but, I wouldn't say we had any Einstein's either.

Enjoy..................infamous

I do!

Let's see..

2,291 members divided by 2 is 1,460.5 times 3 is 4,381.5. Square root of that is 66.19289... then multiply that by 34.61096 and... Wow, would you look at that... We seem to have a grand total of 2,291 budding Einsteins currently :eek2:.

Note: This formula cannot be used to calculate the exact number of budding einsteins every time... For the current formula, see me :).

• 12 years later...

...i'm going to college where i hope to gain access to a philosophy course and i would like take an access to a physics degree because i think philosophy and physics go hand in hand.

If you want to tackle Philosophy, then you begin with Plato's Republic and work from there. While there, you meet Aristotle.

If you want to get aquainted with Philosophy while pursuing Physics, then you start some other place. Perhaps, someone else can recommend that starting point.

I do believe this to be a better answer than my previous. Good luck to you in your decision. (I did the first route.)

If you want to tackle Philosophy, then you begin with Plato's Republic and work from there. While there, you meet Aristotle.

If you want to get aquainted with Philosophy while pursuing Physics, then you start some other place. Perhaps, someone else can recommend that starting point.

I do believe this to be a better answer than my previous. Good luck to you in your decision. (I did the first route.)

Given that it was twelve years ago that he was going to college, if he hasn't worked that out by himself by now there's not much point in telling him what to do. You obviously have some problem with maths - I suggest you start with 2 + 2. Oh wait...