Science Forums

Before I answer you about the equation, I would appreciate if you comment on the experimental results about the different deflections of the compass needles as described in my last post. How would be that explained by the contemporary theory? 

Marcospolo, I upload my pictures as attachments. But there is a limit of 1 MB for attachments. I have nearly used the limit up.

Is there another way to post pictures or to extend the limit?

Yeah, I cant upload anything... it just says server error, and the images are small, and of the right type.... 

I have to use just words

Before I answer you about the equation, I would appreciate if you comment on the experimental results about the different deflections of the compass needles as described in my last post. How would be that explained by the contemporary theory? 

What “experimental results”?

The way this works is; You need to actually perform an experiment first, not just write down what you think the results will be, in accordance with your own personal “theory” about imaginary spirals.

I posted the Biot-Savart Law [math]B = \frac{\mu_{0}I}{2 \pi r}[/math] which calculates the strength of the magnetic field, in Teslas, generated by a current flowing through a conductor.

I pointed out that the strength of this field can be calculated using only the value of the current, in Coulombs per second, the distance from the wire where the field is measured, in meters, and the permeability of free space.

There is no place in the equation for the resistivity or cross-sectional area of the wire, and there is no “angle of spiral” because there is no spiral.

According to this well-tested law, identical compasses placed along the wire with a known value of current flowing through it, will have the same deflections, regardless of the different resistivity in the series sections of wire.

What “experimental results”?

The way this works is; You need to actually perform an experiment first, not just write down what you think the results will be, in accordance with your own personal “theory” about imaginary spirals.

Can't you read?

I have performed the experiments and the deflections of the magnetic needles are different as described above.

Why don't you repeat the experiments and see it for yourself ?