118 replies to this topic

#103 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:54 AM

Its a research gate link you cant copy paste it. Its realy just the first paragraph, that caught my eye, looking again this morning, it is not so interesting

$-
8:-(
/
$
" 
,7"  = 
/ 
3:(


            

   
  
(:)


            
                      

    
!@;8;8>

Figure 1: Schematic representation of the circular model on the history of our information universe, with
its central knowledge %eld or universal consciousness (in black), leading to complementary evolution of

the material and mental aspects of reality, %nally producing human and machine intelligence that provide
the %nal technology for rebirth of the universe (Figure taken from Meijer, 2012)

Thanks for trying. I will check out the link when I get home since it is blocked at my work.lol! It looks interesting so far.

#104 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:01 AM

Just finished reading through this link, https://www.jstor.or...an_tab_contents The mind of Wigners friend, from page 5 section 4 it gets interesting. If ive read it correctly, what is suggested is that, there is only one universal consciousness, which we are all part off. Inline with Vedantic Philosophy. http://www.psychpage...psychology.html

• Thoth101 likes this

#105 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:58 AM

Since there is some mention on other threads ref paranormal stuff, relating to consciousness, I dug this up regarding collective consciousness, or universal knowledge field. https://www.research..._of_Mind_Part_1

This concept would appear to cast light on, if correct, the apparent ability to remote view. The possibility that someone could pick up on a dead persons memories, ie reincarnate etc. The first paragraph or so was very interesting, then he gets a bit lost I think, interesting never the less.  

Damn you are right. I am trying to copy and paste it from home now, If I copy it into the notepad it comes up on a weird amount of numbers.lol! I think you are onto something now the link previously. I am trying to get it up here.

#106 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:48 AM

Thanks for trying. I will check out the link when I get home since it is blocked at my work.lol! It looks interesting so far.

Typed it out when all fells from your link:

The concept of Universal Knowledge Field previously framed as Universal Consciousness Cosmic Consciousness. The concept that information can take a universal character and that all information is present in a general knowledge field can be treated from a number of backgrounds and perspectives.
In principal, the item can only approached through a general treatment of the evolution of intelligence and therefore, for us intrinsically based on human knowledge and its scientific concepts: Natural laws

#107 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:51 AM

Just finished reading through this link, https://www.jstor.or...an_tab_contents The mind of Wigners friend, from page 5 section 4 it gets interesting. If ive read it correctly, what is suggested is that, there is only one universal consciousness, which we are all part off. Inline with Vedantic Philosophy. http://www.psychpage...psychology.html

Keep reading and finding truth my friend. That is how it is done. Enrich your own mind and pass it on.

#108 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 03:53 AM

Keep reading and finding truth my friend. That is how it is done. Enrich your own mind and pass it on.

I'll pick out some phrases from the link, which is pertinent to the universal consciousness idea.

A. My body with its internal nervous system(explored to any future degree of physiological completeness) functions as a pure mechanism according to the laws of nature. Further more quantum mechanics is the ultimate basis of the mechanism.

B. I am aware that by incontrovertible direct evidence of knowledge (information) entering my consciousness.

The only link for your remote viewing, would have to be entanglement from quantum mechanics. Perhaps its not all bull waste :) 

• Thoth101 likes this

#109 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:43 PM

I'll pick out some phrases from the link, which is pertinent to the universal consciousness idea.

A. My body with its internal nervous system(explored to any future degree of physiological completeness) functions as a pure mechanism according to the laws of nature. Further more quantum mechanics is the ultimate basis of the mechanism.

B. I am aware that by incontrovertible direct evidence of knowledge (information) entering my consciousness.

The only link for your remote viewing, would have to be entanglement from quantum mechanics. Perhaps its not all bull waste :)

There is some really good information on that link you found. That is for sure. :yes:

#110 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:33 AM

There is some really good information on that link you found. That is for sure. :yes:

I wasnt the original poster it was @Dubbleosix earlier on in this thread, I just did not have the time to read it at the time. He posts a lot of very interesting sometimes controversial stuff. The links he posts are often quite interesting to do a bit of a search on, as he is often barking up the right tree  :shocked: Sometimes however he might be barking :)  

• Thoth101 likes this

#111 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 03:27 AM

:lol: 

I wasnt the original poster it was @Dubbleosix earlier on in this thread, I just did not have the time to read it at the time. He posts a lot of very interesting sometimes controversial stuff. The links he posts are often quite interesting to do a bit of a search on, as he is often barking up the right tree  :shocked: Sometimes however he might be barking :)  

Well credit to Dubbleosix then. I am not sure how I missed that he posted it first. :lol: I guess as long as he is not biting and only barking. :lol:

#112 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:31 AM

Well credit to Dubbleosix then. I am not sure how I missed that he posted it first. :lol: I guess as long as he is not biting and only barking. :lol:

In the same vane I finally stumbled across another supporting link for universal consciousness, ie your brain hooks into part of it, making you https://www.psycholo...tside-the-brain

• Thoth101 likes this

#113 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:36 AM

In the same vane I finally stumbled across another supporting link for universal consciousness, ie your brain hooks into part of it, making you https://www.psycholo...tside-the-brain

Thanks! This link actually works at my work. I will give it a read right now. :yes:

#114 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:45 AM

Just wow!! That is an amazing article and I truly think Fenwick’s cosmic consciousness hypothesis is as close to the truth as you can get. I do believe in the near future this will be able to be proved through Quantum Physics. What a great find Flummoxed! I will post a little bit of it here from your link in case someone is to lazy to click the link.

But according to the decades-long research of Dr. Peter Fenwick, a highly regarded neuropsychiatrist who has been studying the human brain, consciousness, and the phenomenon of near death experience (NDE) for 50 years, this view is incorrect. Despite initially being highly incredulous of NDEs and related phenomena, Fenwick now believes his extensive research suggests that consciousness persists after death. In fact, Fenwick believes that consciousness actually exists independently and outside of the brain as an inherent property of the universe itself like dark matter and dark energy or gravity.

Hence, in Fenwick’s view, the brain does not create or produce consciousness; rather, it filters it. As odd as this idea might seem at first, there are some analogies that bring the concept into sharper focus. For example, the eye filters and interprets only a very small sliver of the electromagnetic spectrum and the ear registers only a narrow range of sonic frequencies. Similarly, according to Fenwick, the brain filters and perceives only a tiny part of the cosmos’ intrinsic “consciousness.”

What’s more, according to Fenwick, our consciousness tricks us into perceiving a false duality of self and other when in fact there is only unity. We are not separate from other aspects of the universe but an integral and inextricable part of them. And when we die, we transcend the human experience of consciousness, and its illusion of duality, and merge with the universe's entire and unified property of consciousness. So, ironically, only in death can we be fully conscious.

This is not to be taken as joining God or a creator because the cosmic consciousness that Fenwick describes did not create the universe but is simply a property of it. Obviously, despite his impressive body of research into this subject, there is no current way to empirically establish the validity of Fenwick’s cosmic consciousness hypothesis. Ultimately, it aligns more with faith than science. Thus it seems the answer to the question in this post’s title is “No.” There is no empirically established explanatory framework for understanding how consciousness can exist independently and outside of the brain.

https://www.psycholo...tside-the-brain

#115 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:57 PM

Does anyone know much about Quantum mechanics on this forum, that might be bold enough to comment, on this link https://www.jstor.or...an_tab_contents and the above you have pasted in.

Bear in mind Clifford N. Lazarus Ph.D.  is a neuropsychiatriste (how do you spell that word) and not a physicist. It might be interesting to try these links out on another forum, to see if anyone heavily into quantum mechanics will comment. Although it they might be too fringe for them. Perhaps if I post them in speculations or as a question.

• Thoth101 likes this

#116 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:52 AM

Does anyone know much about Quantum mechanics on this forum, that might be bold enough to comment, on this link https://www.jstor.or...an_tab_contents and the above you have pasted in.

Bear in mind Clifford N. Lazarus Ph.D.  is a neuropsychiatriste (how do you spell that word) and not a physicist. It might be interesting to try these links out on another forum, to see if anyone heavily into quantum mechanics will comment. Although it they might be too fringe for them. Perhaps if I post them in speculations or as a question.

Oh wow! Awesomeness in a small fragment.lol! What I got from it is that there is no time. Everything is running all together at once and our individuality focuses on a certain point. She uses all these words and Einstein but that is what I seen reading it. Thank you. Just another proof to the reality we currently are at is not the total reality in which is known. Nice little piece in a nutshell.

#117 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:01 AM

Sorry I don't have a PHD in Quantum Physics but to that will be known in the future a piece of paper means nothing in this 3d world.

#118 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:05 AM

But we in a 3d world want to see a PH D behind somebodies word to believe it yet at the same time we believe what the mainstream tells us. Kind of a give and take.

#119 Thoth101

Thoth101

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:14 AM

Good thing in this forum is you don't have to believe me I just get you to think for yourself. All I want everyone to do is thing for themselves and actually learn how to ask questions and learn. It is time now to learn in the 2020. Are we going to be stuck in this world we live in or are we going to make it better is the question, Even to make it better I will show myself tonight.