Science Forums

What Is Consciousness?

hazelm

No, the internet does not exist without computers as it is hosted on many computers without a computer there would be no internet. As for electric without a light bulb, electric would still be there just that the device that turns it into light would be missing.

So do you get what I was saying then about Consciousness?

Electromagnetism and entanglement are inextricably linked

I am not a biologist nor do I profess to have any knowledge on the subject.

Gravity and Time are due to the substance of space, the long distances forces attributed to dark matter can also be explained by entanglement. If Entire solar systems are affected by entanglement suns separated by parsecs for example. Then with a bottle of wine down my neck I saw no reason not to extrapolate to a neuron, which is a group of cells. 

The charges on neurons in the brain are still affected by gravity, ie by the substance of space! Space transmits all all the electromagnetic forces. All matter appeared out of space and would likely have been entangled prior to the big bang, like some bose einstein condensate.. 

I accept neurons are the inputs and outputs for the brain, they are not the main control system. The Hippocampus correct me if I am wrong, is like the CPU of the brain. The electrical impulses transmitted by the neurons are transcieved by the Hippocampus. This is also the area of the brain that deals with memories and emotions, all things claimed to be experienced by those with past life memories. So assuming they are not deluded or actors. Would the hippocampus fit the bill for a connection with a soul if one exists. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3548359/ or wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocampus

The concept of space retaining memories of past and future events, is not a new one. Non Locality is a proven fact of quantum mechanics. Past and future events can and do affect each other at the quantum level, observed in entangled particles. It seems now that dark matter effects can be explained by entanglement providing an additional long range force. 

Should have held at, essence  :beer-fresh: are sentient ghosts, astral projection, out of body experiences a step too far? :sherlock:  

Victor is right, but space can be considered to be a massive interconnected neural network transmitting all forces. The way those forces are transmitted is not 100% clear. Those forces are not transmitted by equations, ultimately they are transmitted by virtual particle exchanges.  

None of us really know for sure with this veil over us but we all have good theories for all sides. The truth of the matter is we will definitely know for sure when we leave the body or if nothing actually happens and it just becomes dark.

It can seem very complicated to say the least.lol! In researching the soul I did find this interesting paper earlier today on Ancient Theories of the soul.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ancient-soul/

Just a little excerpt from the link:

Ancient philosophical theories of soul are in many respects sensitive to ways of speaking and thinking about the soul [psuchê] that are not specifically philosophical or theoretical. We therefore begin with what the word ‘soul’ meant to speakers of Classical Greek, and what it would have been natural to think about and associate with the soul. We then turn to various Presocratic thinkers, and to the philosophical theories that are our primary concern, those of Plato (first in the Phaedo, then in the Republic), Aristotle (in the De Anima or On the Soul), Epicurus, and the Stoics. These are by far the most carefully worked out theories of soul in ancient philosophy. Later theoretical developments — for instance, in the writings of Plotinus and other Platonists, as well as the Church Fathers — are best studied against the background of the classical theories, from which, in large part, they derive.

Edited by Thoth101

This is interesting:

“I am the same in all beings.” [bhagavad Gita IX.29]

We exist individually as spirit or astral bodies that transmigrate, moving from one material body to another by the law of magnetism. Like attracts like. Our actions, thoughts and consciousness create the subtle or spirit body over hundreds of life times. In Sanskrit the subtle body is called the SHARIRA. Seers and psychics can easily see this body and read its condition.

As you incarnate in Time and Space, you build a subtle body - also termed as the spirit or astral body. In Kashmir Shaivism is it called the puryashtaka rupa [sanskrit]. Like the physical body, the subtle body contains a complex nervous system.

These "nerve currents are called Hita Nadis [sanskrit] and they are very fine in structure, finer than even the thousandth part of a hair. Through these very fine, subtle nerve currents pass the serum of the essence of the human individual…”

These subtle nerves store the impressions of our lives and our thoughts. Every thought, every experience is stored in this the subtle body that carries our individual consciousness from one life to another. This individuality is only a temporal 'appearance' for beneath all forms of multiplicity is the One, the eternal Real.

It is this aggregate, this cumulative consciousness that determines our next incarnation. Inevitably, inexorably we become that which our actions and thoughts, our own individual consciousness has self-created, self-generated. We alone are responsible. We are drawn to the external holographic manifestations of our own thoughts. There is no one to blame. It is all our doing. We are each a portion of the Oneness playing in Time and Space — like everyone else.

The eternal, imperishable, immutable Oneness assumes a temporal ‘appearance’ in a fragment of Its Self as the individual. When we are born we move into a new physical body and when we leave, meaning die, we do so in this subtle body. The subtle body is our data-collecting vehicle. It carries the five senses and the mind, the impressions (samskaras) of our experiences as “the wind carries scents.” [bhagavad Gita XV.7 & 8]

https://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends-opinion/ets-harvesting-souls-sanskrit-texts-00361

Could we view the Hit Nadis as neurons?

Bhagavad Gita was apparently written 5000 years ago, ie pre egyptian. If you have a couple of hours to spare. This is apparently the full version in English https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC0FW407FVs

That is a good question. Some Seers and psychics seem to be able to see it.

Yes and quite amazing what they knew so long ago. It seems somewhere a long the line our original history was kept from us and covered up and forgotten. Remember the winners of wars write the history and science to what they want. Thanks! I know I have a link somewhere I will have to find where you can read the Bhagavad Gita.

I listened to the entire link, if I understood it correctly, and seriously cutting it down. I think Hinduism is like Pantheism, the supreme deity is the universe and everything in it. We are all part of said universe and therefore already part of god. All other gods are just part of the supreme deity, just different manifestations. So all the other gods Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma are all just aspects of same god.

The soul/consciousness occupies the body whilst it is alive, and then has options on death.

The question on rebirth again crashing through the crap appears to be - if you want to come back and do it again you can.

Buddhism has its origins in Hinduism, except I dont think Buddhism has a god concept. I might be wrong, some else can check.

Some denominations of Buddhism believe God's exist. Today, most live by it as simply a philosophy of life, which I much prefer. Edited by Dubbelosix

In fact, the final sutra has undertones not too dissimilar to the revelations book of the Bible. All religions/belief systems seem to have the same underlying rules and regulations including predictions. The Mayans are another good example with the previous two, it said the fourth phase of existence would end in fire.

I do think it is still quite strange, that we came to the age of the atom bomb, all the whole Einstein tried to argue we could not extract that much energy from an atom... I think perhaps he may have been lying because he knew these bombs where dealers of death. The fact we live in a nuclear age, may not be a corresponding of people trying reanact revelations, but it is certainly a curious "coincidence" that now the world has never been in such threats. I think prophecy whatever one wants to call it... Can happen. So long as there are retro causal effects happening like the transactional interpretation of physics.

Edited by Dubbelosix

I will not accept that some time machine can go back to the age of christ, but what I am saying is that the brain is the most complicated quantum computer ever known to man and if retro causal effects (ie. Information from the future can intercept our brains now) then the idea of prophecies can be upheld in theory. But again, don't confuse the concept that we want to sit back and simply watch these things happen, just that some things may already predetermined, if not, completely determined.

Edited by Dubbelosix

I will not accept that some time machine can go back to the age of christ, but what I am saying is that the brain is the most complicated quantum computer ever known to man and if retro causal effects (ie. Information from the future can intercept our brains now) then the idea of prophecies can be upheld in theory. But again, don't confuse the concept that we want to sit back and simply watch these things happen, just that some things may already predetermined, if not, completely determined.

Then its time that we break out the Delayed Choice Quantum Erasers and erase some events from happening.

Edited by VictorMedvil

If it is possible create events ourselves, then we need to embrace the eraser experiment. As Fred Wolf has speculated, if enough of us came together to "pray" for something to happen, and we reshape our past, can we reshape our futures... Anything is possible, but to break out of the laws which govern our universe, this I highly doubt.

Edited by Dubbelosix

If it is possible create events ourselves, then we need to embrace the eraser experiment. As Fred Wolf has speculated, if enough imof us came together to "pray" for something to happen, and we reshape our past, can we reshape our futures... Anything is possible, but to break out of the laws which govern our universe, this I highly doubt.

But you know what I am getting at if people in the past's prophecies cause a apocalypse maybe the best solution would be to erase their information from history, thus erasing that apocalypse.

Edited by VictorMedvil