3 replies to this topic

#1 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:10 PM

I was wondering if the Mods would take a deeper policy on cranks? This forum is flooded with cranks making crank posts, I think this forum should take a policy against cranks as it ruins the science on the forum. I want to at-least see wild culling of the cranks to Silly and Strange claims forum where they should be, half the posters on this forum are currently cranks making nonsense posts. It ruins the experience for the non crank audience too as they want to read good science where as the crank produces corrupted science misleading people.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 23 July 2019 - 04:21 PM.

#2 GAHD

GAHD

Eldritch Horror

• Administrators
  • 2727 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

I want to at-least see wild culling of the cranks to Silly and Strange claims forum where they should be...

That is what those forums are being used for, yes. With Alternative being for the less wacky stuff that still isn't mainstream.

It's fuzzy lines at best, but you yourself tend to make some...shall we say "outlier" topics as well. Glass houses and all that.

Feel free to READ THE RULES particularly the part about how "we respect people’s right to make fools of themselves in public and when people express unsupported or controversial opinions they should not be surprised when they are refuted."

There are no stupid questions, and even silly claims can lead to learning something new when you find out WHY they are silly. Straight shutting down your mind and cowering away from the ill informed only leads to an echo chamber and that's no way to learn new things. :)

• LaurieAG and Dubbelosix like this

#3 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 01:20 PM

That is what those forums are being used for, yes. With Alternative being for the less wacky stuff that still isn't mainstream.

It's fuzzy lines at best, but you yourself tend to make some...shall we say "outlier" topics as well. Glass houses and all that.

Feel free to READ THE RULES particularly the part about how "we respect people’s right to make fools of themselves in public and when people express unsupported or controversial opinions they should not be surprised when they are refuted."

There are no stupid questions, and even silly claims can lead to learning something new when you find out WHY they are silly. Straight shutting down your mind and cowering away from the ill informed only leads to an echo chamber and that's no way to learn new things. :)

I know what you said about this but now the forum is overrun with insane cranks, maybe now the administration will do something.

#4 fahrquad

fahrquad

All I know is that I know nothing.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 07:52 PM

I know what you said about this but now the forum is overrun with insane cranks, maybe now the administration will do something

What if some of the cranks are administration?