Science Forums

Gods Will

jettlarue

Dduckwessel - this may be a science forum, but you have stumbled into the theology and religion forum. It's far more open to opinion than the rest of the website.

However, I must say I like your style. Oftentimes, we must simply agree to dissagree.

This is one example of wisdom that is difficult to define.:)

By the way,; it's INfamous - not IMfamous.:lol:

Hey thanks BEAKER; I hadn't noticed that little error. I certainly wouldn't want people to think that I judge myself as I'm famous. People would tend to get the idea that I was a little stuck on myself wouldn't they. In any case, just for everyones information, I do not judge myself to be the slight bit famous . On the contrary, I'm just your average middle class type. If your listening dduckwessel, did that misinterpretation of my Avatar influence your opinion of me to any extent?

I am of the mind, because the God of the Bible created the universe - that God is a 'scientist' and not a 'religionist'.

As far as God being a scientist (barring the statistical inprobability of you being a "christian scientologist" - being a rather small "sect" - although I'm sure this could still be the case after all...), I prefer to think of Him as simply - well...God. The term scientist has a way too earthly ring to it for my taste. - But we can agree to dissagree about that without going to war over it, and without anyone loesing their salvation; assumeing it was there to begin with.

And I cannot agree to disagree (this is not Biblical wisdom by the way, Biblical wisdom allows us to 'question everything' until we arrive at a satisfactory answer)
Every man's "satisfactory answer" may contradict every other man's "satisfactory answer". - Is this a satisfactory conclusiion? Hello... Mcfly...
If something can be proven right or wrong - isn't it in the better interests of everyone to 'get to the truth'?
Yes. It is better to get to the truth. But spiritual matters are beyond the scope of human proof. The evidence is there or all to view, and everyone will come to their own conclusions based on their own personal understanding of that truth; and their willingness to accept it.

It would be nice to be able to "force" people to believe what you believe - "in the best interest of everyone" - but that's not how God want's to do it, and neither should we.:lol:

No - I'm not a Christian Scientologist - however, do you agree that God must at least 'think' scientifically in order to produce such a scientific universe???

You are trying to fit God into a human framework of thought.

So then, you are saying that your personal belief is based on something that you yourself cannot prove - and yet you follow it wholeheartedly?

So is yours - whatever it is. No one has all the answers to all the questions of their personal belief sysem; "scientific" or otherwise. People want to convince themselves that the human mind is capeable of understanding all of the riddles they are confronted with - but nothing could be farther from the truth. So what set of un-answered data will you align yourself with?; deeming it to be the best, and least problematic.

Who said I was forcing - it appears those are your words. Perhaps I asked a question you could not answer and this is generally the response I get!!! :lol:
You're right. - Entirely my words. I don't claim to have all the answers, and I'm O.K. with that. I know who does, and He doesn't need my pathetic excuse for knowledge to give Him some help in defending the real truth that needs no defense.

Wisdom is stored in the right side of the brain. This memory is spatial or 3-D. The left side of the brain is rational or 2-D. The 3-D memory is loosely analogous to a ball, while the 2-D memory is analogous to plane of cause and effect. One can approximate a 3-D ball with many differnet rational planes intersecting at different angles. That is why being open mined is necessary for wisdom. A closed minded person can only gernerate a limited number of 2-D planes and only come to a limited perception of a 3-D truth. This is not 3-D wisdom but 2.5-D thought. At 2.5-D one can draw a spatial image on a 2-D plane similar to drawing a 3-D picture on a piece of paper. The 3-D image can be made more lifelike if one shadows in the image by denying of the rest of the truth. Looks 3-D from straight on, but from a different angle it is really an illusion of 3-D.

I believe in both brain function and external spirit but there is a gray zone between the two. The gray (matter) zone occurs within the brain. If one looks at the suicide bombers, they would swear that god was inspiring them. Maybe he is, or maybe it is part of the brain. The old testament style God destroyed and created. This gray zone is where people get into trouble. In old testament time only the prophets were wired into God. This prevented the gray (matter) zone of the masses from being mistaken for God's will.

A cult believes on the basis of blind faith - an intelligent belief system 'knows' exactly what it is believing and following.
A cult is usually a pejorative term used to describe a minority belief, and it may or may not have any other traits...
Yes, your excuses are pathetic - if you cannot defend yourself intelligently to people, then you are asking them to follow nonsense. And this is the reason why most scientists do not take the Bible seriously.
Calm down Mr. Dduck. This is the Theology forum, and while the demands for data may be a bit less restrictive here than on the rest of our site, there's no excuse for name calling.

Cheers,

Buffy

So then, you are saying that your personal belief is based on something that you yourself cannot prove - and yet you follow it wholeheartedly?

There are no religious beliefs, to the best of my knowledge, that can be proven definitively. If there was such proof, then I am sure that many intelligent people would be aware of it, especially members here.

... a cult is any group which uses some form of indoctrination on it's members.
Cool. Others would disagree of course, so be aware that the word cult can be used pejoratively and you may get a reaction from certain people!
I don't think the demands are any less restrictive here and beaker used the term first but I didn't see you rebuking him.

Do I detect favouritism???

Actually I was referring to your aspersion through the use of the word "pathetic," which is name calling and we don't really like that much around here.

Actually Beaker and I disagree about just about everything Theological, but we both like Led Zeppelin, so we manage to get along. You probably won't find me taking his side very often at all but we respect each other's opinions.

Cheers,

Buffy