Science Forums

Gods Will

jettlarue

People make a lot of assumptions about God and God's will. People also seem to come up with all their ideas and beliefs about God through various religious books. There's just one problem - men wrote those books, not God. I think the Gods of current religions will die away just like the God's of old religions did.

If you really want to learn about God, don't look to religious books which do not necessarily hold any factual information about God. Instead, look around at life and the universe. You can see God and God's will in everything.

As far as what God thinks about abortion, I don't know if anyone can truly say. We just have to do what we believe in and hope for the best.

Guest loarevalo
The scripture says in Math. 7:7; Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and ye shall

find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

Infamous, have you received your answer?

James 1:5 says: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

By what way do we understand the answer God would give us? If our desire is to know God, and know of the authenticity of the Bible, for example, how do we recognize the answer if we don't believe yet, but only have a desire to believe?

Infamous, if you have received the answer, please describe it.

Infamous, have you received your answer?
Yes I have loarevalo and I know in whom I believe. Unfortunately the truth revealed to me will not convince anyone else unless their heart is open to it.

James 1:5 says: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

By what way do we understand the answer God would give us? If our desire is to know God, and know of the authenticity of the Bible, for example, how do we recognize the answer if we don't believe yet, but only have a desire to believe?
Understand, I have no patent answers to that question. The desire to believe is where everyone must start. If you truly desire to know Gods will, you must first accept a surrender to it before God will reveal it to you. Why would God answer your questions if he already knows that you will reject the answer when it comes. You must first surender to his will.

Infamous, if you have received the answer, please describe it.
The answer I've received was Gods answer to me and it may be impossible for me to explain it to anyone else. If you care to listen to a few of my experiences with the Lord, I think it would be best to carry on this conversation in the private message page. Let me know if this would interest you.

Yes, this would interest me. I understand. Our spiritual experiences are sacred, they must be kept special - lest we throw pearls to the pigs.
If you already know how to use the private messge board, send me a PM with some of your questions and I'll do my best to answer them as best I know how. If you haven't used the PM board yet, click onto Members List and find my forum name. Click onto my forum name and it will take you to the page where you will be able to send me a PM. I'll be looking for your response.

:hihi: infamous, how come Christians always throw back this very scripture verse when they don't have an answer for something?
Because this is a good example of someone using great wisdom.

:)

I am not being condescending by the way - but that verse is really intended to make me back off,
Not so dduckwessel; I have no intention of making you back off. If I weren't interested in carrying on this conversation with you, I would simply take my interest somewhere else.

but really if you can't 'explain' it then you don't really 'know' it
I believe I gave you a good example of wisdom dduckwessel, if the example isn't sufficient for you then maybe you'r the one that's having difficulty understanding?
- but it is extremely important we 'know' what we believe, don't you think?
Absolutely, I agree, and I do know what I believe. What do you believe dduckwessel?

I am merely trying to show Christians that they spout off doctrine without really knowing in their heads what they really believe!
Just because you can't understand why a Christain has faith doesn't mean they don't know what they believe. It only means, you can't understand.

This is 'not' an example infamous - it seems to me as though you are skirting the issue.
Not so dduckwessel, I believe that was a good example.
Can you tell me in one short sentence (off the top of your head) what wisdom really is?
I believe I asked the last question, would you be so courteous as to give me an answer.

Biblical faith is based on 'understanding' - I understand therefore I believe!
Understanding also comes by listening, something tells me your not listening.

infamous - I don't want to parlay words with you - I asked you to explain wisdom and you quoted a scripture verse to me but that didn't explain what wisdom is.
The only wisdom man can gain comes through revelation by the Holy Spirit, true wisdom is something God brings you for the moment at hand. You can't invent it or manipulate it.

"Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom..." (Prov. 4:7)
You can know everything listed in all the books of this world and not have wisdom. Wisdom comes by surrendering your will to the Father, he will then direct your paths.

Perhaps we are at an impasse???
Not so, but I would like for you to answer my question now. I have answered your's to the best of my ability, if my answer doesn't meet with your standard of acceptability then maybe you aren't listening. You have every right to ask questions at this forum but remember, if you don't like the answer you don't have the right to demand and then expect another!!

The reason why I questioned your answer was because, say for instance that I ask you, "What is 2 + 2?" You wouldn't answer, "round about 3!", you would say a definitive '4'.

I was looking for a '4' but you gave me a 'round about 3' and then you seemed to get angry.

I'm not angry dduckwessel, just frustrated because you seem to be dissatisfied with my answer. Wisdom is very difficult to define, if you ask 100 people to define it, you'll probably get 100 different answers. I therefore choose to only show examples of wisdom being used by those that are wise. An atheist would dispute the wisdom of anyone having faith in a God, so what is wise for one is not wise for another. I am not an atheist, I am a Christain who understands wisdom is like beauty, it is in the mind of the beholder.

The reason why I questioned your answer was because, say for instance that I ask you, "What is 2 + 2?" You wouldn't answer, "round about 3!", you would say a definitive '4'.

I was looking for a '4' but you gave me a 'round about 3' and then you seemed to get angry.

math and language are two different subjects. With arithmetic, you get an exact answer. With languages you get many answers for the same question. Can you define "bear" with one exact answer? If so, will that one exact answer cover all of these and more?

To hold up; support.

To carry from one place to another; transport.

To carry in the mind; harbor: bear a grudge.

To transmit at large; relate: bearing glad tidings.

To have as a visible characteristic: bore a scar on the left arm.

To have as a quality; exhibit: “A thousand different shapes it bears” (Abraham Cowley).

To carry (oneself) in a specified way; conduct: She bore herself with dignity.

To be accountable for; assume: bearing heavy responsibilities.

To have a tolerance for; endure: couldn't bear his lying.

To call for; warrant: This case bears investigation.

To give birth to: bore six children in five years.

To produce; yield: plants bearing flowers.

To offer; render: I will bear witness to the deed.

I haven't read this whole thread (yet), But I'm glad you're still hangin around Infamous!
Welcome back BEAKER, it's been a while since I've seen you around here. And yes, I'm still hanging out here at Hypogaphy, it's getting quite addicting and I just can't stay away. Anyway, good to see you back,..................enjoy.

...However, this is a 'science' forum and so I'd hoped the emphasis would be on 'fact' rather than guesswork. 'Fact' must be the deciding factor when seeking 'truth'.

Dduckwessel - this may be a science forum, but you have stumbled into the theology and religion forum. It's far more open to opinion than the rest of the website.

However, I must say I like your style. Oftentimes, we must simply agree to dissagree.

This is one example of wisdom that is difficult to define.:)

By the way,; it's INfamous - not IMfamous.:lol:

Nevertheless, a 'science' forum tends to be more open to opposing views than a 'religion' forum.

You wouldn't think so if you'd been here for very long.

- But I'm sorry, I still haven't read the whole thread - shame on me.:lol:

In regard to God's will; I couldn't agree more...that there is truth, and there is error.