Science Forums

Could aliens be time-travelling humans from the future?

Guest kyle8921

I am not so sure there is such thing as a time path, and because of this there is no past and future that is attainable.

I tend to think that this is a constant creation in an infinite now point. Thus there is no movement ahead or behind in time.

Hmmm... this seems so contrary to everything I've ever thought! Could you explain? :shocked:

In all I observe in things related to time I end up arriving at a similar place.

Can I explain? I have not worked on making a great explaination, so it will be difficult.

Arkain, are you saying it does not really exist, or that it always has existed, or always has the potential.

Take this for example;

If you were alive 1000 years ago on earth, this is saying that you would of been in interaction with mass and energy that was in a particular posistion.

Now lets say there is a alien race 1000 light years away from earth and opens up there telescope today and zooms in on earth. They would be interacting with the same moment you lived in at this very exact time.

In the typical model we consider the past to pass on behind us. However, in the view I have been learning to observe, everything that was the past, has either; changed a form, or continued on changing posistion. These moments of the 'past' are and do exist still right now in this very moment in a new form or posistion.

Breaking down all events to a few basics we get interactables, and products. The interactables are energy and mass. One of the products of these can be information. Information is the platform for time. Though information is not interactable, or tangible.

One important question I have related to this is; Can a photon carry more two dimensions of momentum. As in; If a photon is fired off from a moving object at 90 degrees to the moving objects motion, will the photon contain and continue the forward traveling motion of the object it was fired from, plus the forward direction it is traveling in respect to its individual path. As such to create a diaganol path, from its origin point and destination point.

There appears to me to be only 1 version of a now. There are many sectors of time that we can observe and measure but in the whole of the operation they remain in creation of the now.

This Now is a point of 0. It is neither ahead, nor behind. It is absolutly zero. This is where I see that in order for something to keep happening in this point it needs to be in constant creation. If there were more than 1 version of NOW, what dictates the posistion one obtains in all these nows? If there is a past and future there could be so many nows a number may not be capable to show them.

At what point does fundamental particles unite and operate to invent a color? The color we experience in our mind, it is produced from cells, and atoms, and particles. But at what point can one say these things are capable to invent color since color is unimportant to the existence of any one of these individual fundamentals.

I hope this gets a bit of an idea.

In a relativistic sense. Time dialation can be redesribed as energy level.

If a ship was to travel away from you at .99c the energy coming from the ship would drop from visual light to a very low energy state, when we are refering to the observable redshift. The energy state eminating from the ship will reduce from the rearword direction. Wavelength will expand dramatically. The energy states change. The posistion of the ship should (correct me if im wrong) be nearly equal to the distance the light traveled to reach you, further ahead than it appears. This may cause a temporary illusion of bending a version of time because the posisiton is only detectable by the energy that reaches you but the source is very far away and unrelated to the posistion you/or a device will detect, at these dramatically high speeds.

To further this idea,

One way I view it is that We (a observation frame) / particle can not exist in anywhere besides the place of which the energy creates a change within the atom. Anywhere that energy does not interact with you can not be measured, detected, seen, and generally existed. Thus all things throughout space are experience completely different areas of 'time' according to their observation, but in a grand scheme they still all continue in the same point of now.

Hmmm... this seems so contrary to everything I've ever thought! Could you explain? :)

a wave goes c speed. speed depends by electromagnetic laws.

a ship goes at the power you have made. speed is variable (and not depends by electromagnetics laws otherwise would have c speed immediatly). don't rain over this.

a wave goes c speed. speed depends by electromagnetic laws.

a ship goes at the power you have made. speed is variable (and not depends by electromagnetics laws otherwise would have c speed immediatly). don't rain over this.

Please look first at my username, then at the quote, then again at my response. :)

Cheers. :cup:

• 2 weeks later...

:cup:

There is a model that is possible to describe the universe without the use of time.

Special Relativity explains the constant of light for an observer to be an act of a change in time.

There is another model that is able to explain this and a main part of its description makes use of the idea's we are discussing here, like; I tend to think that this realm is a constant creation in an infinite now point.

In SR the model tries to compensate all things as a group. So what you observe and where you are, are somehow one of the same.

In the plausible optional model I am talking about it deals with observers only. Why? Because that is all ANYTHING that is matter can be. It can not detect anywhere or anything beyond the very point of its own electron cloud.

Its like If you were blind and there was a Professional boxer swinging his best shots at you but coming up 1mm short, you would not know (excusing sound and wind) that you were about to be impacted by a gigantuaon force. Only when the interaction occurs and contact is made does something exist.

Thus the model can describe observations and changes seperate from the rest of the actions occuring because that is foundation principle the model is based upon.

Which is why SR model can possibly have a partner model.

• 1 year later...

Although it is an interesting theory, the mutation process from human beings into a typical alien form is rather implausible. There seems to be a common notion that everything that is not easily comprehended by our human mind has at least something to do with human beings. Due to this factor, many say that aliens appear to have some resemblance to humans, and various gods have human-like qualities and traits.

It is extremely hard for the human mind to jump over its boundaries and to conceive of something that has nothing at all to do with our own experiences. Even our wildest imagination still circles around familiar shapes and subjects that we observe in our life. Hence, aliens who are mutated humans is a natural attempt of our brain to project what we know into something that we don't know.

As for the time-traveling... if it was true, what would be the need for it for these aliens? If they are a highly intelligent form, they would not want to regress into the past. They would also know that it would be very detrimental for them to travel back in order to help us to progress faster. Progress has its natural speed, and it requires a growing maturity to attain its different stages.

hey i am from the other side of the world(India)

trying to give an explanation.

the nearest star to earth is 4.3 light years away and which has no planets with possible life. the nearest possible life to us is around 20 light years away(approx) this life might not have intelligence comparable to humans.

20 light years that is 20 * 365 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 300,000 kilometers away.

so its very impossible to travel this distance even in a span of thousand life times.

the nearest alien you might see are the Indians.

It impossible to migrate to the aliens world otherwise we had caused a migration problem for them too.

i think time travelling is just a myth. suppose that one travels back in time and kills his own forefather before he is born himself. this sounds logically incorrect.

well i am poor at logic.

Can you back up claims that no inhabitable planets exist around the nearest star? You are making a lot of claims that simply are not falsifiable at all. Lots of ways to get around the paradox you describe but the real question is "are aliens really time travelers from the future?" first we have to make some assumptions. Personally I see no irrefutable evidence there are any aliens visiting the Earth at this time. But if we assume there are aliens visiting the Earth and we assume they are humanoid as described by people who claim they have seen them, and we assume they are indeed taking genetic material to make hybrid babies as some who have seen them claim then they have to be related to us in some basic way. If this is true then time travelers would seem to be the best possible explanation. Of course with all of these assumptions a lot of people would have to be asses.

As for the time-traveling... if it was true, what would be the need for it for these aliens? If they are a highly intelligent form, they would not want to regress into the past.

A motive for time-travelling future humans posing as aliens is probably the only plausibility here.

They might simply be historians, documenting Earth's Last Days as the humans finally screwed up the ecosystem.

• 1 month later...

I believe most anything is possible.

150 years ago if you told somebody about television and that you could see people

thousands of miles away, they would have laughed you out of the place...Right!

Also if you told somebody 150 years ago that people would be flying 2000 miles an

hour in the air, you would have been a laughing stock. Nobody would have believed

these things.

In the last few years, look at all the advancements with the cell phone and other

tech devices, like the fax machine.

• 1 year later...

Earth policy institute is a non-profit non partisan group dedicated to saving the planet and survival of our species human, to say nothing of American. Their motto "providing a plan to save civilization" I think is apropos. Coincidentally or not, at least I think alarmingly - the top 5 recommendations from this group directly oppose most major tenants of the Republican party. 1. Manage population growth vs anti birth control & anti-abortion campaigns 2. Control climate change vs full on denial of human responsibility for climate change, being anti cap and trade 3. Conserve earths resources vs a drill baby drill mentality that includes nuclear power plants and a habit of exploiting all resources 4. Lessen fossil fuel use vs the untruth told that clean coal is perfectly safe 5. Eradicate poverty and hunger worldwide vs an every man for themself mentality.Here in this major party is encapsulated a formula predicted by venerable institutes as able to make this world uninhabitable.

Rather than survival in a biosphere I think people should insist on more focused effort placed on learning how to survive here on earth.

It appears by these, ourselves returning from the future, we do not achieve that in this lifetime. It is my humble opinion these aliens are trying to swing elections.

They are trying to get us to see...although we are ALL for supporting lower taxes and less government...What cost are we willing to pay for these? What price will we trade for the luxury of allowing the richest to remain just so....Our very future?

• 3 weeks later...

For years i think about this theory and this is really the best-one about Aliens on Earth. The look of aliens are strongly the same as human (with the explanations*, it is!). Einstein's theory about Timetraveling now still is a theory but in the future will become reality.

1. Large head - Increase in humans brain size.

2. Large Black Eyes - Larger eyes to see more with and a shiney protective covering to stop increasing harmful rays from the sun damaging our eyes.

3. No mouth - No need for mouth as microchips in the brain have perfected telepathy.

4. Shiney grey skin - A harder more reflective skin to stop skin cancer from the harmful rays of our rapidly hottening sun!

5. UFO - The transportation which goes faster than the speed of light. The perceptions about UFO's always say "a light, and than it's gone (like 'taking off')".

6. No evidence - we are not ready yet!

What if.....

B072

• 2 weeks later...

I had a theory some time ago that the archetypal alien faces are related to the images processed by a new born when they see their parents or other babies.

An article here describes that theory:

Skeptic » The Magazine » Featured Article

What is interesting is that the "grey" alien seems to be a reoccurring archetype throughout history:

The Official Graham Hancock Website: Supernatural

I don't agree with most of what Graham Hancock has to say (and alot of his "science" in describing DNA is bunkum) but in terms of an investigation into the grey alien archetype throughout history his book is worth reading (he totally lost me at page 327).