play -> shopping!

sex -> sex with someone you're actually attracted to

and how about a few more:

t-shirts ->
shoes

football -> talking

fixing cars -> driving cars

Ooohhhh, stereotypes can be fun! ;)

My prerogative right now is to just chill and let all the other overexposed blondes on the cover of Us Weekly be your entertainment, :phones:

Buffy

ahhh Buffy, you are female minded;) lets take a look at shoes and clarify the difference in mind

the shoes are viewed as the best foot forward down each particular path and of course its a quick fix too for bad hair day blues

the stilleto- show suggest-"Take me"- makes the calves look great but is hell on the back and feet- for male minded women-serves a handy weapon in case of attack and ya have to have strong calf muscles to hike

the Flat-only purpose is to appear shorter as the date presents.male minded-serves the purpose of ability to run like hell from all the crazy women shopping at the after Christmas sale- only reason male minded is there because she forgot to buy toilet paper

the pump- standard business attire for the dominating woman in the man's world work place-says feminine but reasonable.-male minded-doesnt give 2 s@#s, wears the hiking and or combat boots and ready to play on the football field and take them down-scores the job

the sandal- only purpose to show off an expensive pedicure that says "look at me, arent i beautiful?"- male minded-whats a sandal? oh yeah, barefoot or slip on walmart crocks for the beach or wash the truck

the dress boot- says i am hip and didnt have time to shave my legs.-male minded- dress boot unknown- only boots that exist are hiking and combat-of course the combat boot is for the night on the town and the hiking is well for hiking

the tennis shoe- must be spotless wash thoroughy before and after each wear and only for the tennis court or a jog or power walk-male minded-its a sneaker and only used for stealth purposes

Oh dear, now we're going to talk about shoes! Boys, all I can say is "Danger Will Robinson!"

the shoes are viewed as the best foot forward down each particular path and of course its a quick fix too for bad hair day blues

Well, they help the blues part, but they won't cover for the bad hair: Boys do not notice shoes, but they do notice bad hair.

This lack of awareness of shoes is part of the problem of course, but let's dig in anyway...

the stilleto- show suggest-"Take me"- makes the calves look great but is hell on the back and feet- for male minded women-serves a handy weapon in case of attack and ya have to have strong calf muscles to hike

Now I *know* you're male-minded: No discussion of toes?

Height of course is important simply for its own sake (see flats below), but to have true CFMs you need to show some toe.

I will admit that jogging got started with me primarily for building strong calf muscles though!

Again, this is mostly a signal to other women, because the guys will only notice this subliminally, and only of course if you drop your purse--which is a trick that is fine in the bar of a 5-star hotel, but don't try it in a Texas honky tonk (of course you should never carry a purse into a honky tonk: if your jeans are tight enough and you're wearing your Wonderbra, you won't need money there anyway).

the Flat-only purpose is to appear shorter as the date presents.male minded-serves the purpose of ability to run like hell from all the crazy women shopping at the after Christmas sale- only reason male minded is there because she forgot to buy toilet paper

Flats are the only kind of shoe that Boys will notice, and it will be negative. It either means you're a lesbian or if they're Tom Cruise-sized, they'll be self-conscious all night (in fact, my recommendation is generally to go ahead and wear heels if you're dating a guy who's shorter than you: you'll have to put up with the "who's that Amazon" stares, but you'll have a better time).

the pump- standard business attire for the dominating woman in the man's world work place-says feminine but reasonable.-male minded-doesnt give 2 s@#s, wears the hiking and or combat boots and ready to play on the football field and take them down-scores the job

Yep, that's half my closet....not flat, not as painful as heels. If you want to make it into management, you need lots of these.

the sandal- only purpose to show off an expensive pedicure that says "look at me, arent i beautiful?"- male minded-whats a sandal? oh yeah, barefoot or slip on walmart crocks for the beach or wash the truck

What? Oh, I guess that's true if you don't live in LA...I grew up in them, and well, if you watch movies written by or directed by women you will see more scenes of women sitting around painting their toenails....that's real life!

Warning: if my daughter sees you wearing Crocs she's liable to bean you. She hates two things in this world, clowns and Crocs. Talk about a crime of fashion....

the dress boot- says i am hip and didnt have time to shave my legs.-male minded- dress boot unknown- only boots that exist are hiking and combat-of course the combat boot is for the night on the town and the hiking is well for hiking

Well, I think they're really cute, but the main practical reason is they're warm!

Guys, if your date is wearing heels and a short dress, hose do not provide any real warmth: do *not* make her wait outside for any length of time! You might get a couple of extra minutes leeway if she's wearing leather knee boots though....

Got both high- and low-top hiking boots (North Face!), but they're for hiking. I never understood the Mephisto craze.

And of course for *real* comfort, nothing beats Uggs or Emus!

the tennis shoe- must be spotless wash thoroughy before and after each wear and only for the tennis court or a jog or power walk-male minded-its a sneaker and only used for stealth purposes

As my name indicates, I'm somewhat familiar with this preppy definition, but its more than a bit out of date. Sure, Keds are coming back, but fortunately Adidas and Puma have brought back their old suede leather styles which can be worn in all sorts of semi-casual situations.

And of course although I am long past being caught dead in them, my daughter lives in Converse of oodles of different colors and patterns.

High-end Nike's are a must for jogging though, and they also go to the store and anywhere else that I can get away with the sweat-pants look.

Although they look weird, I also have a couple pair of Z-coils, which honestly are the most comfortable things I've ever worn especially if I have to walk and stand a lot (museums!)...

Okay, thoroughly bored? Blame pamela. She started it.

And now back to our regularly scheduled nerdy, guy-stuff....

But I rationalized that my new shoes shouldn't be punished just because I can't budget, :phones:

Buffy

Oh dear, now we're going to talk about shoes! Boys, all I can say is "Danger Will Robinson!"

Well, they help the blues part, but they won't cover for the bad hair: Boys do not notice shoes, but they do notice bad hair.

so you are saying that the ultimate goal of the look is get the boy to notice? So what would you say would attract the man?

This lack of awareness of shoes is part of the problem of course, but let's dig in anyway...

Now I *know* you're male-minded: No discussion of toes?

the likelyhood of stubbing ones toes is greatly increased when they are bare.I do try to avoid pain

Height of course is important simply for its own sake (see flats below), but to have true CFMs you need to show some toe.

I will admit that jogging got started with me primarily for building strong calf muscles though!

Again, this is mostly a signal to other women,

yes women dress for other women-its competetition

because the guys will only notice this subliminally, and only of course if you drop your purse--which is a trick that is fine in the bar of a 5-star hotel, but don't try it in a Texas honky tonk (of course you should never carry a purse into a honky tonk: if your jeans are tight enough and you're wearing your Wonderbra, you won't need money there anyway).

so does this trick and manipulation progress through out life, or do you feel it subsides at some point?

Flats are the only kind of shoe that Boys will notice, and it will be negative. It either means you're a lesbian or if they're Tom Cruise-sized, they'll be self-conscious all night (in fact, my recommendation is generally to go ahead and wear heels if you're dating a guy who's shorter than you: you'll have to put up with the "who's that Amazon" stares, but you'll have a better time).

well i have seen plenty of women all ages wearing the flat.It was rather popular in the eighties and could be worn with minis.It does not necessarily signify being a lesbian, but it does signify a more comfortable shoe. My particular brand of flat is called a Sanuk.Half shoe half wanna be sandle, totally funky and well i get complimented quite often from the males while i am wearing them.They notice those for sure.

Yep, that's half my closet....not flat, not as painful as heels. If you want to make it into management, you need lots of these.

What? Oh, I guess that's true if you don't live in LA...I grew up in them, and well, if you watch movies written by or directed by women you will see more scenes of women sitting around painting their toenails....that's real life!

Warning: if my daughter sees you wearing Crocs she's liable to bean you. She hates two things in this world, clowns and Crocs. Talk about a crime of fashion....

well crocks are ugly but they are practical.Good for gardening as well as washing the truck, but useless as a weapon

Well, I think they're really cute, but the main practical reason is they're warm!

explain the white boots then? not seen after labor day

Guys, if your date is wearing heels and a short dress, hose do not provide any real warmth: do *not* make her wait outside for any length of time! You might get a couple of extra minutes leeway if she's wearing leather knee boots though....

hahahah!

Got both high- and low-top hiking boots (North Face!), but they're for hiking. I never understood the Mephisto craze.

And of course for *real* comfort, nothing beats Uggs or Emus!

comfort is key as well as being practical

As my name indicates, I'm somewhat familiar with this preppy definition, but its more than a bit out of date. Sure, Keds are coming back, but fortunately Adidas and Puma have brought back their old suede leather styles which can be worn in all sorts of semi-casual situations.

this is the common term in the state where i reside but they have always been sneaks to me

And of course although I am long past being caught dead in them, my daughter lives in Converse of oodles of different colors and patterns.

converse are okay for getting some big air, however a heavier grade skate sneak is better for kickflipping

High-end Nike's are a must for jogging though, and they also go to the store and anywhere else that I can get away with the sweat-pants look.

hmmm the Sweat Pants Look, well now that could be a whole thread in itself!

Although they look weird, I also have a couple pair of Z-coils, which honestly are the most comfortable things I've ever worn especially if I have to walk and stand a lot (museums!)...

Okay, thoroughly bored? Blame pamela. She started it.

i stand accused

And now back to our regularly scheduled nerdy, guy-stuff....

comic relief is always pleasant but insight especially from the posts thus far is really quite interesting.

But I rationalized that my new shoes shouldn't be punished just because I can't budget, :phones:

Buffy

What are these things called 'shoes' that y'all speak of? :phones: ;)

Buffy is correct. Guys (straight) don't notice shoes and if they do, they don't really care. Though, an important lesson for any guy is to occasionally mention how much you like their shoes.

Guy: Hey

Girl: Hi, how's it going?

Guy: I was just marveling at how beautiful you are.

Girl: Thanks.

Guy: And I love those shoes that you are wearing!

Girl: Really? I didn't know whether to wear these or my beige version, but I'm glad you like them. I got them on super sale at my favorite store...blah...blah...blah...

Guy: That's nice. Can I buy you a drink?

It's the best pick up line ever.

What are these things called 'shoes' that y'all speak of? :phones: ;)

Buffy is correct. Guys (straight) don't notice shoes and if they do, they don't really care. Though, an important lesson for any guy is to occasionally mention how much you like their shoes.

Guy: Hey

Girl: Hi, how's it going?

Guy: I was just marveling at how beautiful you are.

Girl: Thanks.

Guy: And I love those shoes that you are wearing!

Girl: Really? I didn't know whether to wear these or my beige version, but I'm glad you like them. I got them on super sale at my favorite store...blah...blah...blah...

Guy: That's nice. Can I buy you a drink?

It's the best pick up line ever.

hahahaha!

Very important note- when asking a male a question, please limit it to 5 words or less, hold the fluff;)

so you are saying that the ultimate goal of the look is get the boy to notice? So what would you say would attract the man?

Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich: "They're called boobs, Ed."

the likelyhood of stubbing ones toes is greatly increased when they are bare.I do try to avoid pain

Have you never heard the phrase "sacrificing comfort for style?"

yes women dress for other women-its competetition

Yah, *****! They're all *mine*! :hihi:

because the guys will only notice this subliminally, and only of course if you drop your purse--which is a trick that is fine in the bar of a 5-star hotel, but don't try it in a Texas honky tonk (of course you should never carry a purse into a honky tonk: if your jeans are tight enough and you're wearing your Wonderbra, you won't need money there anyway).
so does this trick and manipulation progress through out life, or do you feel it subsides at some point?

It's the girl's answer to the classical logician's problem about finding the town on the island with truth-tellers and liars: "If this is the road to the town where they are serving free beer, will you buy me a margarita, big boy?"

Why would you *ever* give that one up? :phones:

well i have seen plenty of women all ages wearing the flat.It was rather popular in the eighties and could be worn with minis.It does not necessarily signify being a lesbian, but it does signify a more comfortable shoe.
Oh not necessarily, and especially not on the west coast, but you're definitely going to be sacrificing free drinks for comfort....
well crocks are ugly but they are practical.Good for gardening as well as washing the truck, but useless as a weapon

Well as long as you're not gonna wear them in *public* you might be okay.

explain the white boots then? not seen after labor day

White boots? Like Patent leather? EWWWWwwwwww! Not even *before* Labor Day dear! Those went out with Twiggy!

converse are okay for getting some big air, however a heavier grade skate sneak is better for kickflipping

Ah, sk8rgrrrl.... What, not a Vans snob?

hmmm the Sweat Pants Look, well now that could be a whole thread in itself!

Yah, but I think we're already really pushing it just talking about shoes. We could have a revolt on our hands if we start down that road. I might as well start speaking in tongues, babbling about First Cause, and Intelligent Design...

"Well, did you see her?" "Just her shoes and her nails." "And?" "Both acrylic." ;)

Buffy

you absolutely crack me up!

you give such great insight into the female minded mind.White boots are back tho, happened to notice a few pairs while looking for some new skate sneaks.The toes do wear out awfully fast. Not a name dropper so vans do not hold the allure.I look for structure and strength in my sneak.

So lets sum things up so far

the female mind is always looking to present her image.although guided by competition, her boobs are her best prop.In order to get what she wants, she will sacrfice comfort and her paycheck spending it at saks in order to get free drinks.

The male minded female in relationship to this

donning what ever is clean and comfortable, toss on, and head out.Loose jeans and fatigues are the best for swilling brewskis and eating wings.Tight jeans will simply not do, unless your shirt is hanging out and covering the unsnapped top button. She sits at the bar, plenty of cash and offers to but the sad looking guy a drink.He accepts.They chat, she listens and he buys plenty of drinks even tho she has on combat boots and is showing zero cleavage. Meanwhile a crowd of guys gather over the retelling of stories and they all do a round of shots.the Barbie dolls are at the other end of the bar, standing, staring at all of the guys across the room , all the while discussing the latest trend in nail tips;)

burgers, huh, as opposed to salads maybe? or do you liken that to males being the more carnivore of the species?

Nope, she just ate what she liked, not caring what others thought she should eat.

eat -> chocolate

sleep -> "wake me before 10 on Saturday and I will scratch your eyes out"

work -> perform miracles

play -> shopping!

sex -> sex with someone you're actually attracted to

and how about a few more:

t-shirts -> shoes

football -> talking

fixing cars -> driving cars

Ooohhhh, stereotypes can be fun! ;)

My prerogative right now is to just chill and let all the other overexposed blondes on the cover of Us Weekly be your entertainment, :phones:

Buffy

I must be one weird Man, I don't pound down beer flavored water while I watch sports on TV, actually I don't do either at all. I don't watch other people do things, I do them, I like to fish, scuba dive, ride motorcycles, I throughly enjoyed raising my children, I took them everywhere I went instead of leaving them home for mom to take care of. I only work on cars at gun point or if I'm broke down in the boonies, I like to hike and explore new areas, I love to learn new things, even when the lesson is hard. I enjoy aquariums, bonsai, building things, water plants in ponds and aquariums, trees in aquariums, growing live coral, dreaming, and waiting at the metal gate in the stone wall for some one who wants to explore the cave behind the waterfall......

Nope, she just ate what she liked, not caring what others thought she should eat.

I must be one weird Man, I don't pound down beer flavored water while I watch sports on TV, actually I don't do either at all. I don't watch other people do things, I do them, I like to fish, scuba dive, ride motorcycles, I throughly enjoyed raising my children, I took them everywhere I went instead of leaving them home for mom to take care of. I only work on cars at gun point or if I'm broke down in the boonies, I like to hike and explore new areas, I love to learn new things, even when the lesson is hard. I enjoy aquariums, bonsai, building things, water plants in ponds and aquariums, trees in aquariums, growing live coral, dreaming, and waiting at the metal gate in the stone wall for some one who wants to explore the cave behind the waterfall......

ahhh a female minded man;)

I should have known better than trying to match wits with you :eek: but in reality that idea of a female minded man ( i don't know about the male minded woman) strikes a deep chord in me. From being a little boy who's step dad was convinced there was something basically wrong with a boy who didn't want to sit around with his dad in his underwear on Sunday and watch football instead of being outside playing to being a teen ager who didn't hate the the guy everyone labeled as "queer" to a grown up who would rather be out experiencing life instead of pounding down the Budweisers while watching televised sports the idea of maleness or lack there of is a serious one to those of us who do not fit in with the general male mindset. I stopped really worrying about it many years ago but I see the idea of proper male behavior still haunting anyone who doesn't conform even today.

I should have known better than trying to match wits with you :eek: but in reality that idea of a female minded man ( i don't know about the male minded woman) strikes a deep chord in me. From being a little boy who's step dad was convinced there was something basically wrong with a boy who didn't want to sit around with his dad in his underwear on Sunday and watch football instead of being outside playing to being a teen ager who didn't hate the the guy everyone labeled as "queer" to a grown up who would rather be out experiencing life instead of pounding down the Budweisers while watching televised sports the idea of maleness or lack there of is a serious one to those of us who do not fit in with the general male mindset. I stopped really worrying about it many years ago but I see the idea of proper male behavior still haunting anyone who doesn't conform even today.

we are all part male and part female but that does not translate into a stereotype.There is nothing wrong with pounding down a few or shoe shopping for that matter.It is about indentifying why we choose behaviour patterns and those that seem to come naturally.So i was working out in the pouring rain today, removing slimy old mum blossoms, when a lady approached me.She picked up a mum, shook off the wet dirt and made a sound, then said out loud to herself to quit being a girly girl.Well ya know, i just had to laugh and of course thought about this thread.Of course me, being that shy type, went into a lengthy discussion on the male minded female in relationship to the girly girl.She totally knew what i meant.Now this was a very gracious, feminine woman mind you but she also had the male mind set as well.It wasnt about"ewww dirt" it was about get a grip, dust off the stuff, wipe it on the dress pants and be done with it.:doh:

Pamela, me and you know that stereo types are bullshit, sadly the rest of the world seems to live by labels. I've seen labels hurt so many so much over the years, my son, my friends, the world in general, labels have power. It's sad but so very true, we learned to ignore labels, how i wish everyone would.