Science Forums

Bush admin has totally outdone themselves! The new Hitler?

Ganoderma

Can someone tell me how something like this is passed? Its scarry to think that now the usa is openly and publicly making themselves untouchable.

perhaps some people are still on Bush's side, but in my books he, and his crew, are really really evil human beings. Everyday i see more and more parallels between the "Free and Democratic" USA and other "nasty" regions such as Nazi Germany, China, even Iraq.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ckz6pMjKFw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ckz6pMjKFw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

White house notice:

Fact Sheet: The Military Commissions Act of 2006

the actual act:

http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/pdf/PL-109-366.pdf

Oh, come on Rac. With all of the truths you have to work with why would you say something like this?

Take a look at ol' Grandpappy Bush, BigDog...

:embarassed:

Not all Americans were opposed to Hitler when he rose to power.

I'd have to dig up some of the proof to that again..

Or you could just call it conspiracy mumbo-jumbo

I wouldn't call them saints or do-gooders, but I actually thought that Daddy Bush wasn't a bad president. Its possible Jeb might be okay. Prescott made *money* off the Nazi's, as opposed to Uber-Hero Charles Lindburgh who was an unrepentant Nazi sympathizer.

Dubya on the other hand has been the same incurious frat boy that he's always been, and even his mom would have preferred that Jeb had gone for the Presidency instead of him, and has--as the polls show--proven to be one of the worst presidents in our history.

That's no reason to blast the whole family though. Remember that its those wacko reactionary survivalists who *love* Sarah Palin and her "First Dude" who *hated* Geo. H.W. and his Trilateral Commission buddies as being the source of the Black Helicopters and One World Government.

Political affiliation is often a smokescreen. Beware of kneejerking, no matter which side you're on.

A good many things go around in the dark besides Santa Claus, :embarassed:

Buffy

If you want to annoint the Bush family a bunch of Saints and Do-Gooders,

Then thats fine by me, BigDog..

I personally believe they are crooks, liars, and thieves; And have done America wrong in their pursuit of power and wealth.

:doh::evil:

I am not annointing anything, I am simply commenting on the content and nature of the source article. There are plenty of ways to be critical of the Bush family without resorting to this particular rehash.

Bill

I am not annointing anything, I am simply commenting on the content and nature of the source article. There are plenty of ways to be critical of the Bush family without resorting to this particular rehash.

Bill

I know you weren't really, BigDog. :wink :evil:

I was trying to keep in tune with the title of the thread.

If you want to deny that Granpappy Prescott Bush didn't have his hand in the Nazi cookie jars, then We'll simply disagree on that.

some interesting things to see/read.

I will give my opinions once i see a bit more from the other side....it *seems* pretty apparent that something big/bad is going to happen relatively soon.....its been a long time coming i guess, and the house of cards is pretty big right now.

Interview - Naomi Wolf - Give Me Liberty

Good thing to watch.

YouTube - Interview - Naomi Wolf - Give Me Liberty http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgkeTanCGI

New York Times

Big Financiers Start Lobbying for Wider Aid

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/22/business/22lobby.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Even as policy makers worked on details of a $700 billion bailout of the financial industry, Wall Street began looking for ways to profit from it.

Financial firms were lobbying to have all manner of troubled investments covered, not just those related to mortgages.

From Michael Moore, pretty bias so just for an opinion.

MichaelMoore.com : The Rich Are Staging a Coup This Morning ...a message from Michael Moore

Though no guns are being used, 300 million hostages are being taken. Make no mistake about it: After stealing a half trillion dollars to line the pockets of their war-profiteering backers for the past five years, after lining the pockets of their fellow oilmen to the tune of over a hundred billion dollars in just the last two years, Bush and his cronies -- who must soon vacate the White House -- are looting the U.S. Treasury of every dollar they can grab.

Can someone tell me how something like this is passed? ....blah blah blah .... the actual act:

http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/pdf/PL-109-366.pdf

And yet another that blames the President for congressional action. Do you not understand that the President cannot write or debate legislation in Congress? That he merely signs it when they are done with it? Long before it reached his desk it was passed in Congress by a vote of 253 to 168. If you want to point your finger at least try pointing it at the culprits responsible.

And yet another that blames the President for congressional action. Do you not understand that the President cannot write or debate legislation in Congress? That he merely signs it when they are done with it? Long before it reached his desk it was passed in Congress by a vote of 253 to 168. If you want to point your finger at least try pointing it at the culprits responsible.

That's right. And if you look at the vote in congress, only 34 of the minority Democrats voted in support of it as opposed to 219 of the majority Republicans, who were in lockstep with the Bush Administration, demonstrated by the fact that there hadn't been a single veto for the first six years of the Bush presidency while the Republicans controlled congress.

The Military Commissions Act of 2006 was hastily passed by congress in September prior to a congressional recess and signed auspiciously by Bush into law in October before the midterm election, which ended up in a transfer of power in congress, with a sign on his desk that read, "Protecting America." To me, the sign's perceived necessity was revealing of the controversial nature of the new law, and the importance of shaping public perception.

[img=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Bush_signing_Military_Commissions_Act_of_2006.jpg]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Bush_signing_Military_Commissions_Act_of_2006.jpg[/img]

Yes, the Republican congress for passing the law, and the Republican Bush Administration for signing it, are responsible for the Military Commisions Act, and the USA Patriot Act for that matter, each of which represent diminishment of our civil liberties in my opinion. (Edit) In fact, according to Wiki, "Section 7 of the MCA was found to be unconstitutional by the Supreme Court on 12 June 2008."

That's right. And if you look at the vote in congress, only 34 of the minority Democrats voted in support of it as opposed to 219 of the majority Republican....

I didn't say that Republicans were not mostly responsible, only that it was a congressional act as opposed to an act of the administration as implied by the OP. Congress currently has a lower approval rating that even the current moron....uh I mean President, but no one seems to want to point any fingers at Congress. Yes, Bush is bad but currently the houses of morons that represent us are even worse. Is there anything wrong with calling a spade a spade?

I didn't say that Republicans were not mostly responsible, only that it was a congressional act as opposed to an act of the administration as implied by the OP.

I know. I was just trying to present a broader picture in order to make sure it was clear who was behind that particular piece of legislation.

Congress currently has a lower approval rating that even the current moron....uh I mean President, but no one seems to want to point any fingers at Congress. Yes, Bush is bad but currently the houses of morons that represent us are even worse. Is there anything wrong with calling a spade a spade?

Not at all, I agree that it needs to be done, and that congress needs to be held accountable more often. In fact, our representives are really the one's we should be hounding on a regular basis if we are going to exercise our civic responsibilities. E-mail really makes this easy. Unfortunately, many people don't even know who their representitives are much less how to get a hold of them.

It should also be noted however that the approval rating of the last several congresses has been dismal, even before the Democrats regained the majority. For example The 109th Congress, which ended with the 2006 election, was particularly dismal from a legislative and corruption standpoint, and carried approval ratings in the mid to upper teens.