Science Forums

Existance filled with adversity, or no existance?

Killean

Existance filled with adversity, or no existance?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Existance filled with adversity, or no existance?

• I would rather live with adversity.
    • I would rather cease to exist.
    • I would rather not divulge that information.

Killean, great post, great thoughts. It seems like all of my really deep thinking occurred at our 3am visits to Perkins as well. :) I spent a lot of nights wondering about things like this over the years, and after reading your (and GAHD's) ideas, I wonder if our time right now, each passing instant is a shared point between an infinite number of parallel times/universes.... I sort of imagine it as a point of origin on a graph with three planes (as an example) where everything can spin around and be relative to that one point, which is constantly changing. I wish I could explain myself more eloquently.... Anyway, back to the point, I would certainly choose to live with adversity - any experience, good or bad, would be worth the brief moment of life I would get to experience, in my opinion.

I chose "live with adversity", but I'm thinking normal adversity, i.e. death, accident, illness, unemploymeny, etc. I have no interest in experiencing truly horrific adversity, liking having to watch your children be tortured to death or everyone you know is killed in atrocities by an invading army. That, I can do without.

The root of lonelyness is exposed when we understand how utterly hopeless it is to successfully comunicate our thoughts and feelings to another human being. For the visions in the mind are desperately difficult to convey to others, especially when one is unsure that anyone else is even interested. Can our singularity ever truely connect with another, even when the one thing that everyone of us recognizes is that ever present need? How to overcome this intellectual and emotional isolation is our greatest obstacle. Even when one finds that special someone thats seems to understand and shakes their head in approval, one will continue to ask themselves, "I wonder if they really understood what I was saying". Just to make that absolute connection with another, I fear it may never be.

The remedy, "to truely understand yourself". To conduct your life in a manner that brings a feeling of pride and accomplishment. Trust in the reasons for your actions, never do that which you know to be distructive to yourself or others. And lastly, find a purpose for life that satisfies your interests and goals, and be true to it. With these things in mind, you can overcome adversity.