Science Forums

Why There Most Certainly Is No God

Guest chen2739

Could there be a god? Who knows, but I can assure each and every one of you, it's not any god worshipped today!
This was rather too absolutist for my taste. Had you said it was not the god of any fundamentalist interpretation of any religion I could agree with you. However, many followers of a particular religion or creed take a more metaphorical interpretation of that religion, seeing the description of their god as being merely one perspective on her character. This allows for worshiping of gods which are much more plausibly akin to the actual god, if she is out there.

ok i have a quik question for all of you...

the big bang theory... the fact that sumthing was created out of nothing...

i dont think any1 can even comprehend that threw their heads but if sumthing like a whole univers being created from absolutly nothing is possible...then god is definatly a posiblility... also...i heard someone say that a bunch of energy was focused on a tiny microscopic thing and thats what made the big bang...whered did that microscopic thing and the energy come from...but saying that...where did god come from?

lol makes you think...

yea...i think theres only one possible answer to proof of god...

there is no possible proof but you will know when you die...

but heres how i think of this...if you belive in god you loose nothing because what if you choose not to and then there turns out to be heaven...you go to hell right...that would suck but if you go all your life beliving in god...and there turns out to be a god...then ur all set for heavan and thats good and if there is no god and you belive in him...you wont be complaining when you die lol

There is alot of varying and unconsistant 'interpratations' of the texts like that.

But sticking to consistency according to what is his word,

God is so great, and so vast, so much, that it can not be proved over night. Also, god is law, all must be done under laws.

The message consistantly says along these lines. I have proven myself to you, but even my after making my proof, you still need to develope a Faith in order to believe that I have proved myself.

-I showed myself with light (electromagnetic radation that experiences no time or space, infinite).

-I showed myself in physical form of a man and taugh first hand.

-I showed myself in your spirit, the reason you are.

I showed myself in the universe (heavens). I showed myself in the life and in your awareness. There is always proof for ones alive to seek.

But all my proof has always and continuously been questioned. No matter the proof, without faith you can not come to me, without faith or trust that I am true you leave me and I can not embrace you. To embrace you, my law will judge you.

Like leaf will burn in fire, or become wet in water. God consumes that which has no faith.

I dont know if this is fact. This is roughly according to what I understand in what is written.

It also says, that we will get an honest chance to develope faith, when we do not have it. Something like, all that lived and died will rise again either in some other realm, or on earth? and be told and shown to have faith or you will not be able to continue. Not because of something stupid like, cause god thinks yer dumb, but because you are not in alignment with law, and god is law, existence is law, all is law. I gather it says it will be shown clearly, but clear proof is not enough, you always and you still have to grab faith even after all the proof in the world.

It makes sense to me. I surely respect existence and creation. I confidently seek for something responsible, even if I do it ignorantly or naively through science or whatever, this is still faith I guess to have confidence in your search, but your search must require you to see that you did not create anything that was not already here. You have to submit to have trust and faith, so you also have set your heart to submit in trust and respect. All the proofs still don't form faith ..

Something like this I guess...

Also according to what is written, heaven has many meanings, but many use it for what is written as a new world.

Hell is a word used for the description of lake of fire. Where fire is used as truth and purify. I don't think it directly says anything about burning for eternity if you are a bad boy. I think it says this world will be replaced by a new world, where this world will be consumed in truth and law, and become the old world that is no longer.

World meaning experience.

I just also wanted to add that I once asked to be shown something really clear to believe and understand. (see I learned It required faith to ask that question, even in my uncertainty, I showed up and knocked.)

That night I had a dream/vision that lasted for freaking ever. The crap I saw and heard and went through was just too much, I was swearing, shaking, fainting, almost crying, states of complete bliss x100. I thought of nothing else for 2 days, and realised I would never forget it, and I can't really recall every saying that about a dream. (I can tell ya about later I guess). I had never read the bible or the book of revelation before but the dream was more or less the same thing as revelation. That shook me even more.

I still question it sometimes as just a dream, :) I am better than no one, but I mean there could be no answer clearer than the one I recieved. So I recently have been building on my faith. It couldnt hurt. I actually learned it takes more courage and strength to have it than it does to refuse it.

but heres how i think of this...if you belive in god you loose nothing because what if you choose not to and then there turns out to be heaven...you go to hell right...that would suck but if you go all your life beliving in god...and there turns out to be a god...then ur all set for heavan and thats good and if there is no god and you belive in him...you wont be complaining when you die lol

This is an utterly selfish philosophy which contains 0% morality.

Go Christians!

This is called Pascal's wager. What Christians fail to see is that you do lose something when you believe in God. You lose time spent on worshiping him, you lose the expansion of your mind to anti-theistic subjects. You lose the entire atheistic lifestyle. This lifestyle is lived under the assumption that there is nothing beyond this, that this world is all we get. So who's going to live it up more? Someone who believes that a magical place exists beyond this life or someone who knows that they need to get as much out of this life as possible?

Besides, doing good things in this life because you expect to be rewarded with eternal life in a quid pro quo kinda way, means that your good deeds are salted with ulterior motives, and aren't geniune or honest in any way.

Atheists, doing good deeds in this life simply for the fact that it 'felt like the right thing to do at the time', has the total moral high ground in my book, because they don't expect anything in return, not in this life, nor the next. Their deeds are honest and genuine.

Pascal's wager is the ultimate in immorality, as far as I'm concerned.

hey im catholic...not devoute but i feel like for something as amazing as weare(earth and all living things) somthing even more amazing had to have created us...this is just my opinion and i mean no insult to any other religion or belifes...i feel you are entitled to your opinions and i respect the atheiest life style but i find comfort when i pray or think about going somwhere after death instead of...nothing...that idea to me is depressing and id rather spend a niev lie of a life and die thinking im going somwhere than live a life afraid of dieing because i dont know what is on the other side...

hey im catholic...not devoute but i feel like for something as amazing as weare(earth and all living things) somthing even more amazing had to have created us...this is just my opinion and i mean no insult to any other religion or belifes...i feel you are entitled to your opinions and i respect the atheiest life style but i find comfort when i pray or think about going somwhere after death instead of...nothing...that idea to me is depressing and id rather spend a niev lie of a life and die thinking im going somwhere than live a life afraid of dieing because i dont know what is on the other side...

No offense to you, but that is rather sad. You would rather live a lie then face the truth? Just because the truth may seem depressing doesn't make it worth living in a state of naivety.

No offense to you, but that is rather sad. You would rather live a lie then face the truth? Just because the truth may seem depressing doesn't make it worth living in a state of naivety.
It really all depends on your point of view. There's a reason the saying "Ignorance is Bliss" is so popular: its true! Its so much easier not to think, not to have to worry about what's true. Someone kind and seemingly trustworthy simply tells you what's true and you don't have to worry about it. Sounds comforting and you don't have to work very hard...

What's depressing to many is having to think about the fact that there are no simple answers, that everything is uncertain and any second you could be saying "whoops, I'm dead!" Not comforting! Takes brain power!

On the other hand, having a good *personal* grasp on how reality works can be comforting too.

It really all depends on your point of view....

Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic :D

Buffy

what kind of life is it to be thinking...what if i die today and theres nothing? that life sucks in my opinion and in the end i dont think youd regret it because if there is nothing...you wont even know you made a mistake and if there is a god and heaven...then you will look at your life and be satisfied that you lived a good happy life