Science Forums

Entrepreneurial Bum Seeks Advice!

IDMclean

"However my hypothesis, though not clearly iterated, goes along the lines of "Given a chance to support a member of the community, would the community support them?"

Whether it be writing a grant, applying for a job, scholarship or even pan handling, what people give to is a clear goal and objectives to achieve that goal. I have clients that come to me who are in search of employment and services. I ask them what it is they want to do and the answer is mostly “I will just take anything, I need to work” I tell that’s very good that they are willing to work but I need something to work with.

I think the main difference between people with a “working class mentality” and people with a “goal orientated” mentality is real success.

When a person comes to my office with a goal and a set of objectives it is much clearer how to help them and I end up channeling more time and resources to them. So I would have to say if you Put on a sign “I HAVE A GOAL” then list a very short list of objectives on how you plan to achieve this goal people will give. It would be helpful also to have on the ready a pamphlet with more info. For instance a bio of past accomplishments.