Science Forums

I propose a chemical....

Mercedes Benzene

Okay, so many of you probably know about my recent chemical quandaries in my "help identifying a chemical" thread. Well here's my idea for a new contest thread. The reward is of course, REP. :)

The contest is as follows:

I will start by describing a chemical substance. People will then have to guess the chemical through research or just general knowledge based on the information provided.

Here are some simple rules:

-make it as challenging as you like (harder is generally more fun I think), so be as descriptive as necessary

-Don't use elements. The chemical in question must be at least tertiary (3 elements)

-Once the first contest is over (created by me), anyone may post their own (but please, only one at a time)

-You don't have to provide rep as a reward, but I am for the first run-through.

-stay on topic in the thread. posts not on topic may be deleted.

Ready? I'll start easy. :thumbs_up

---------------------------------CONTEST/GAME--------------------------------

I propose a chemical that... is gaseous, colorless, odorless, is used as a fumigant in soil and sod, and is a derivative of an alkane and a halogen. GO. :)

Righht. So try this one.

I propose a chemical, which boils at 26 degrees celsius, colourless, and weakly acidic. Very poisonous, and has a faint almond like odour which some people can't smell due to genetic reasons. Very toxic at above 300 ppm and explosive above 56000 ppm. Branded Zyklon-B by the *****.

The only problem is we could be waiting a long time for that to happen

Give me a bloody break!:phones: It was almost 11:00 pm my time when you decided I should go next. I wasn't going to waste any more of my precious sleep time. :phones:

I propose a chemical.... that is used as a specialized rocket propellant, contains just C,H,N, and can be found in trace amounts in a common edible fungus.

Now I'm off to school so don't be dissapointed when I don't respond for a while. :evil: Person to get it right posts the next challenge.... NO EXCEPTIONS> :evil: