Science Forums

Thinking about intelligent design(what Quran says?)

Emre_1974tr

Actually spiritually comes from God and we either choose to be part of the problem or part of the solution.

As far as not coming from books or the wise experience of others, when walking around in circles in the desert and you wish for example to get to Santa Barbara it certainly helps to have a map.

:)

Actually spiritually comes from God and we either choose to be part of the problem or part of the solution.

As far as not coming from books or the wise experience of others, when walking around in circles in the desert and you wish for example to get to Santa Barbara it certainly helps to have a map.

:(

Yes , but it helps not to have a map that points you in the opposite direction of where you want to go, and doesn't tell you to ignore the actual directions. It also helps not to have a map that claims it is inspired by God. Especially when regular old joes wrote it.

Hooray for continuing analogies!

Actually spiritually comes from God.

Your statement is wrong because it is phrased in the absolute.

If you want your perspective to be seen as valid, try to understand that it is limited. Simply adjusting the above wording to:

"In my opionion, an opinion that I recognize others may not share, but important to me all the same, sprirituality comes from god. My belief in god is an important part of my life, but it does not make me insecure to realize that others do not hold the same belief system."

Money comes from purple unicorns... :cup:

What I meant to say was, I understand that not everyone believes this, and that there are other opinions out there, but I personally believe that money comes from purple unicorns. I read it in a wonderful book when I was a kid, and I've held onto that truth rigidly ever since. :(

Sorry, but I stand by my statement as written.

I know whereof I speak.

Of course you can believe whatever you wish and insert

any qualifiers into your own ramblings which you would like to.

You can flash your badge and put lots of initials after your name.

Truth on the other hand needs no such sophistry.

I know whereof I speak.

Strip all of the badges, avatars, and stats away from my ID, and my words will offer themselves with no less validity. I encourage you to share with others why your belief is so strong, not attack them when they doubt it's application to their own paths in life.

Cheers. :hihi:

I know whereof I speak.

Unfortunately, there is no proof whatsoever of this absolute truth which you so vehemently defend. And if your version of truth needs no sophistry, like titles and badges, riddle me this: why do you need a massive book to explain the truth? Why do you need to preform rituals every Sunday to feel that the truth exists? Why are there billions of people who label themselves followers of this truth? Why is there an entire hierarchy of pompous fools who tell their sheep-like followers what the truth is? Why did the almighty being who inspired your truth need to put on a laser light show of epic proportions to convince his followers that he was real? Why is there no evidence that your truth even exists?

Why is your truth a lie?

Point of order if I may pose a question? Just doing a little Quran reading and probing for the inevitable cracks :jab: ;) and I ran across this passage: >

...36. For We assuredly sent amongst every People an apostle, (with the Command), "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil": of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth).

37. If thou art anxious for their guidance, yet Allah guideth not such as He leaves to stray, and there is none to help them.

38. They swear their strongest oaths by Allah, that Allah will not raise up those who die: Nay, but it is a promise (binding) on Him in truth: but most among mankind realise it not.

39. (They must be raised up), in order that He may manifest to them the truth of that wherein they differ, and that the rejecters of Truth may realise that they had indeed (surrendered to) Falsehood.

40. For to anything which We have willed, We but say the word, "Be", and it is.

The Holy Quran - Yusuf Ali Translation

So, who is the 'We' here? Is it the same 'we' as the 'our' in Genesis when talking about Creation? Well....? Be it? :hihi:

Turtle: So, who is the 'We' here? Is it the same 'we' as the 'our' in Genesis when talking about Creation? Well....? Be it?
It's a throwback from polytheism that just never got switched over. Actually, the bible itself has alot of polytheistic elements, a good god and a bad god for example.
This is a pretty well-supported, though controversial, interpretation, focused on the interpretation of the grammatically plural Hebrew word Elohim, which gets used in both a singular and a plural context throughout the book of Genesis, but almost exclusively in the plural in early texts.

There was a good bit of discussion of this subject in last years interesting though ultimately infamous thread ”Homosexuality and the forces of resurrection”.

Dear friend,

You must read all of pragraph's. But this video showing "a sentence" from a Quran paragraph.

Example ; in a sure(paragraph) God wants to "selfdefence" to attacker unbelivers. But they take "a sentence" from this "selfdefence war sure", so they can make a illision.

But in reality, according to Quran, you can't fight, you can't kill, you can't speak bad to others. Only and only you can do "self defence " when a person attack you.

And according to Quran, all peoples are free in their religions. because this is test life.Test world. You can must belive to anything religion. İf you aren't free, this world can't be test world.

Read the all paragraphs my friend. Dont take a sentence from paragraph. This is wrong way.Real mind is in the all paragraph, in the all Quran.

Regards.

Could you please post the full paragraph of containing this sentance, I don't own a quran myself and don't really feel like trying to find one online.

Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89

If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant. 4:91

Believers who kill believers will face the awful doom of hell. 4:93

So, am I to assume from this that it's only non violence towards believers? Perhaps you can clear up this seemingly very very clear message.