Science Forums

Did I figure out what E=MC2 means?

E=mc^2 can be easily conceptualized with relativistic momentum without exact derivations involving some integrations.

suspose a particle is moving at very close to c/2 and a force is applied for some time and it is now moving at very close to c. At another frame of reference moving in the direction opposite of the particle's direction, the initial velocity of the particle is almost c. the final velocity is also very close to c. the velocity increased very little (since nothing can travel passes the speed of light according to time dilation).

in a classical mechanics sense, in the other frame of reference, the particle is like un-usually "heavy" so that the velocity changes very very little when a force is applied. Since the change in energy should be the same in both references (in a classical sense), somehow, the masses must contribute to the total energy.

• 1 month later...
here, last night roughly around 12:39 I was lying in bed thinking about E=MC2. Then I had what I thought was the answer to it. Based on what I knew about Einstein's time travel theory you know, going back in time requires going faster than the speed of light. so tell me if this is right but dont launch into a long description of mathamatics(im only 14)

E=MC2

v

10i X D

V

T

I= what is used to mesure mass.

D= double the speed of light

T=traveling back intime

All scientists are known Einstein’s equation and they can explain this equation in many ways that they like. With me, this energy E shows amount exclusive energy of matter M, in event this matter is not disappeared.