Science Forums

Hello, Harliquins, Jesters, Clowns, and other funny masked folk

IDMclean

Well apparently I never introduced myself, so I thought I would take the oppertunity to fix that.

I am the Kick *** Clown, or KAC for short. I am many things, and nothing at the sametime. I am Egocentric and yet I have been deemed by one of the finest members of this grand Forum, Selfless.

I am a Seer, Shaman, Seeker, Journeyman, and Soothsayer. I am one of those who is of the one who is I am.

I am a radical and a moderate at the sametime. Extreamest, Leftist, and Hippy. Pacifist and Patriot, with no love for this country and a desire to see those who are unjust meet the hammer of justice.

I walk the Eightfold path and seek to understand the moment, letting what I need come to me, trusting in the Tao to open before me.

I am a scientist of many subjects, Philosopher of Ideas, and keeper of the balance, one who habors great light and shadow, acknowledging my flaws and accepting them unto myself.

I am a hypocrite and oxymoron. I am a fool and a dreamer. An eternal child in the garden of life, innocent and vetern, 19 going on 79. A new born old beyond my years. I am Molten Crystaline Liger. A living contridiction and Quantum in nature.

I am frail, much more so than I like to admit, I am Wabi-sabi, perfect in my imperfection.

Most of all I am human, like everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I felt like perhaps I should explain a little about my diminutive.

I am a self styled Fool and Hermit. I am metamorphic in my meaning of Clown, and often I use the terms Fool, Clown, jester, and the devil's advocate interchangeably. When I act the Devil's advocate I am acting the fool.

In many cultures, depending on the individual, a clown is considered scary or even frightening, although such is not the purpose of one.

Wikipedia:Clown

As far as clown types go, I am the character type. Particularly that of the Absentminded Professor, or Mad Scientist.

The fear that I intend to make others aware of, that I feel, is that of the unknown, or the incomprehensible. I talk about my avatar being an expression of this in the Explain your avatar thread.

I choose the symbol of a clown, for the fear factor, for it is the fool that is god. So my avatar is also extended to represent the fear that the idea of being the god that one looks for brings. The uncertainty of being a fool, of not knowing the end of path you walk down. That the Eightfold Path resembles the Wheel of fortune is no coincidence.

It is a hard path often times but one that is worth walking. Where this all leads to eventually I believe, is transcendental Self-Actualization, the realization of one as important, and influential in The Universe.

That I play the Devil's Advocate, I often end up the Hanged Man, which is just a part of Temperance, Strength, and Justice.

That this game I play may one day lead me to Death, is no surprise and is simply a part in the game, in which for me, the game ends.

For me Death and Life are the same, If Death were embodied, I would expect to meet twice with this one. Once when I was born, while the one whispered the secrets of life into my ears, and once when I died, when it came time to collect the price for that secret.

The Clown always knows there is a danger of being what one is, but that makes it no less important that one play the game.

-Won'tcha be my neighbor?

KickAssClown, Red hair, Red nose, and a 'tude. What more could I ask for?

• 3 weeks later...

It is my general policy to make sure it is clearly known what I think and feel about a given individual, and a given behavior.

I play by the rules of Tit for Tat. I play in such away that if I take an action, I expect it to be like wise taken upon me either in the immediate or in the future. That is to say that actions taken by myself, are to me, more often than not "fair game".

If I express, as I have on a few occassions, shame or disapproval for what I concider to be immoral, unempathetic, uncompassionate, or dismissive behavior (etc), I expect the rule of Fair play. If I likewise take action which is similar to that which I myself rail against, I expect to be informed of my indiscression.

I am not perfect, nor do I wish to be, however if I do/say something which others disapprove of I expect to be told. I do not play guessing games often when it comes to crucial communication. You have a problem with me, let me know.

If you let me know in a polite manner, then I will likewise respond in a polite manner. If you take into your hands to disrespect me, without first informing me of why it is that you feel that disrespect is deserved, then I will likewise respond in kind.

I try to play life fairly, even if the rest of the world doesn't play by the rules.

I want the world to be fair, so I myself am fair as often as I can manage.

-Mask of the Judge.

KickAssClown

It is my general policy to make sure it is clearly known what I think and feel about a given individual, and a given behavior.

I play by the rules of Tit for Tat. I play in such away that if I take an action, I expect it to be like wise taken upon me either in the immediate or in the future. That is to say that actions taken by myself, are to me, more often than not "fair game".

If I express, as I have on a few occassions, shame or disapproval for what I concider to be immoral, unempathetic, uncompassionate, or dismissive behavior (etc), I expect the rule of Fair play. If I likewise take action which is similar to that which I myself rail against, I expect to be informed of my indiscression.

I am not perfect, nor do I wish to be, however if I do/say something which others disapprove of I expect to be told. I do not play guessing games often when it comes to crucial communication. You have a problem with me, let me know.

If you let me know in a polite manner, then I will likewise respond in a polite manner. If you take into your hands to disrespect me, without first informing me of why it is that you feel that disrespect is deserved, then I will likewise respond in kind.

I try to play life fairly, even if the rest of the world doesn't play by the rules.

I want the world to be fair, so I myself am fair as often as I can manage.

-Mask of the Judge.

KickAssClown

You have a nice knack for writing KAC.

But you seem a little self-absorbed. Not that it isn't unnatural...and who can't be some times? we gotta' look out for our best interests.

Just look how many I's there are. "me's, myself's, and I's". :confused:

Its prolly just a little sociopathalogical/ egomaniacal stuff.

But your ideas are solid :hihi:

Tit-for-Tat is not a bad Game Theory strategy.

Don't sweat any negative chat really. Its just text messaging. Its not REAL. Its all an illusion.

You've been repped. You present some great discussion.

But "we" hope you realize the world doesn't revolve around anyone of us.

kind regards,

Regarding the use of I, Me, My, and self.

Sorry I used to speak in the you, yours, us, and we allot more. That was when I was excessively blaming. I've since trained myself to speak Internally, for external audiance. I internalize what is said and what I say to others.

I suppose I should speak in the we, us and ours more often, but it's difficult to speak in such a way, when it comes down to talking about personal experience. I can speak/write in the neutral, though that usually drives people nutty. Where there is no I, me, my, you, yours, us, we, and ours.

Also, I have freely admitted, and illucidated on the subject of Narssisism. I come first, in my heirarchy of needs. This is both for selfish, and alturistic reasons. I am self-absorbed, but that is due to that I am "alone", there really is not a word for it. "Alone" merely translates roughly.

I have sympathy, and Empathy, but I have no illusion of togetherness, I can imagine, as in the virtual, what it is like to be you and to go through your thoughts, but it is always only an approximation. We are seperate entities. As such there is only one entity that I can speak true from and that is I. When you and I become one, truely, in thought and action then we are one entity and I can speak in the you and we, truely.

Please remember that, while on Hypography, you must ALSO play by the forum's rules.

Cheers. B)

I thought that it perhaps was implied by this statement. I generally do well in following the home-field rules, I feel that I do anyway even if it isn't the whole truth.

• 3 years later...

Passion, exuberance, and uninhibited stream of conscience all are dulled by the grind against the stream. While I am glad I've crossed from where I was to where I am, I do miss the emotional frenzy that inspired mad, beautiful prose and poetry. I am glad though for the turn away from the audacity of my wild-eyed, rambunctious, delusional past.

We're almost to five years. Here's to a lifetime.

Enjoy,

Ian