Science Forums

New conspiracy video

GAHD

Hmm interesting other thread I did miss out on it

The main points I look at are:

-The pentagon's lawn

-Cordite smell (not personally verified, I wonder if I can find this guy?)

-Dimensions of the planes vs dimensions of visible damage

-Debris visible in the footage

-The "5 frames" that were released

-Kerocine vs steel argument

I doubt there's any difficulty about finding genuine reasons to criticise the US government. The problem with allying oneself with conspiracy theories is that they're a form of crying wolf and thereby reduce the overall credibility of the critic. The present conspiracy theory may be a government project designed with that aim in mind.

Wow! That's a step further! Conspiracy theory of conspiracy theory!!!!!

Do you have any evidence of this? It's all hearsay, I say! :) Or are you part of the conspiracy to conspire against all conspirers of conspiracy theories of conspiracy theories?

Obviously, I'm a conspirer against conspiracy theorists of conspiracy theories, but I'm also a conspirer against conspiracy theorists of conspiracy theorists of conspiracy theories, and a conspirer against conspiracy theorists of conspiracy theorists of conspiracy theorists of conspiracy theories, and of......

..................................................................................................

.......................................................................................................

..............................................................................................................

The DoD released the video today, and its up in several places that I'm too lazy to post. CNN ran it endlessly today. There are a couple of frames before the explosion where you can see the plane seemingly bouncing before it hit, that these conspiracy nuts seem to have never pointed out because it destroys their theory...

Story is that the Pentagon did not want to release it officially because it was evidence in the Moussaoui trial. Now that the guy's locked up forever, they can let it out.

I'm sure someone will argue its been tampered with.

Probably by a Jew.
/forums/images/smilies/devilsign.gif

Never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence,

Buffy

There are a couple of frames before the explosion where you can see the plane seemingly bouncing before it hit
They could have at least left more than two frames, I still haven't successfully seen the plane.

:)

They could have at least left more than two frames, I still haven't successfully seen the plane. :shrug:
A lot of US papers blew up the image on the front-page this morning. Its a blur, and its easier to see if you see the frames before and after, but it was traveling at about 400 miles an hour...

As CNN's Pentagon correspondent said, "those of us who were here know what happened" and these conspiracy theories are really annoying.

There were some well known people on that plane, including the wife of an assistant US attorney general and a movie producer. What happened to those people? So the conspirators kidnapped and killed them, hid the plane in Guantanamo, and *then* fired a rocket at the building?

Occam's Razor anyone?

The Vietnam War was fought over a bet that Howard Hughes lost to Aristotle Onassis, :phones:

Buffy

I doubt there's any difficulty about finding genuine reasons to criticise the US government. The problem with allying oneself with conspiracy theories is that they're a form of crying wolf and thereby reduce the overall credibility of the critic. The present conspiracy theory may be a government project designed with that aim in mind.

That's a good point that maybe the government made this conspiracy theory. Maybe they made it to hide the real truth.. maybe. But why are conspiracy theories always considered "crazy"? If it's the truth, then everybody has just been brainwashed by their government... I can't quite find the words for the point I'm trying to make, but basically the government tells people to shut their mouths, and anyone who doesn't is deemed insane. :phones:

A lot of US papers blew up the image on the front-page this morning. Its a blur, and its easier to see if you see the frames before and after, but it was traveling at about 400 miles an hour...
It remains that the film makes really no whatsoever difference.

;) Can ya see any of the faces through the windows?

I don't doubt that those planes were hijacked and crashed, I think folk are making a fuss about the wrong things. Someone upstream remarked about crying wolf and that's true, saying things far fetched only stirs up ridicule.

You mentioned incompetence and perhaps it was. Whether by incompetence or by somebody's choice, or both, they sure let it happen and they should be in Git'mo instead of some of those that are there.

and these conspiracy theories are really annoying
I'm still not too sure what a conspiracy theory really is... :)

;) Can ya see any of the faces through the windows?
The conspirators prolly stole Adam & Jamie's entire collection of "Buster's" and propped them up in the seats... ;)
I'm still not too sure what a conspiracy theory really is... :)
Any overly complex hypothesis that involves collusion by a mysterious group of parties with ulterior motives which could be performed much more simply via an alternative hypothesis...

Its *only* a theory, :)

Buffy

There are a couple of frames before the explosion where you can see the plane seemingly bouncing before it hit, that these conspiracy nuts seem to have never pointed out because it destroys their theory...

Curious how in photos of the Pentagon after the crash that the lawn is just fine after that 'bounce".B)

Here's another little gem; they say that until 2004, cell phones simply didn't work from aircraft!:eek2: