Science Forums

Routerr access

hello to all... my problem is that i have a router and when i try to access it configuration panel i doesn't work. What i do is the standard thing: I put my ip number to the internet browser address bar. It shoud appear the zyxel configuration page, then i can open some ports. I am connected by cable to my router (i am the 2dary pc) and there is another pc connected to the router.

Anyone has any idea about what is happening? :lol:

and here is a link to the model of my router (zyxel 650 series with 4-port-HUB)

http://us.zyxel.com/web/download/200409099442792005011710545420040811211941_20030822_3-40-P650_series_v3-40_UsersGuide.pdf

http://www.zyxel.com/web/support_download_detail.php?sqno=395413

What IP are you putting in? you say 'your' it has to be your routers network IP, if you go into msdos command prompt and enter 'ipconfig' it will have a thing called 'default gateway' this is your router. Just make sure that what you are using is the same, if it doesnt work let me know :)

if its a linksys router the gateway is most likely 192.168.1.1, also depending on what kind of router it is and where it is located (network-wise), it may be usign dhcp, in which case the address of the router will be dynamic. Your best bet is the gateway address, so start/run type in cmd, in the open command prompt type in ipconfig /all, look for the default gateway, open up an internet browser and type in the gateway address (ex: 192.168.1.1) and press enter, it should by all means bring up the router interface...

your router supports different protocols, the default admin login is 1234 and 1234 as the password. the default gateway is 192.168.1.1 the subnet mask whould be 255.255.255.0

good luck :confused:

you and the rest are correct. my subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and ip is 192.168.1.1 (from the deafault gateway).

this is a screenshot of the ipconfig inside command prompt:

http://xthost.info/voidstuff/ipconfig%20and%20ping.jpg

the problem is.... even that way i dont get an answer when i put my ip of default gateway into the browser!

look, reset your router, disconnect it from everythig but power, connect a cable into the first port on the router, not the wan port, the first port, get an ip, open up your browser and hype in 192.168.1.1 and press enter, you can obviously ping it, thus you should be able to connect to it. P.S. you may have to do something crazy with authentication, that's where a problem may lay, so i'd recommend for you to go to getfirefox.com, download their browser and use it to access the router, at least for testing purposes, and really, you should use it for your everyday surfing as well...

I will reset my router and do exactly as you said..:confused: .... anyhow i AM using firefox and i have tried putting my ip into IE, Opera, and Firefox. I hope it works................

note: the two guys that came to install the router to my house moths ago made a deal with us---> I mean the COMPANY didn't sale completely in a legal way the router to us, but the two technicians had their small business in selling the router themseves. (this is my father's responsability anyway)-----------------> can this have anything to do with my problem do you think???

I reached the conclusion that my router isn't from this world :thumbs_up

I pushed the reset button and connected my pc to the primary line. Checked the ip (that was the same as before i did the reset ) and the gateway of course. Tried both numbers on the browser and they didn't work :S omg !

i dunno what you are doing, but i can tell you that what i have described above is very similar to what the user guide says on page 39, so its not your router, your router works, its your PC...

the only thing that comes to my mind is first disable your firewall on the computer, turn off any unnecessary running programs, antiviruses and all, and try it again, your somputer is weird, not the router...

I don't know if anyone is still cheking out this post but anyway, just for you to know I know now why I couldn't access to the configuration of my router. My ISP and the guys that installed the router in my house only sell routers that have the configuration access blocked by fabric; they don't want any user to change configuration things (stupid thing i think).

thank you guys anyway.:)