Science Forums

Cam Comp

I have thought this before, but not about mac's just cams in general. macromedia flash had an interesting option when I right clicked on it once.. something about disabling my camera hmmm that option is now permanently set to off, just in case :)

All the new Apple g5 computers have a camera insalled in the monitor.

How many of you think the big guys @ apple have a program allowing them to view thru anyones camera at any time??

I do . .:( :) :(

Yeah...my new MacBook Pro has one of those. I am sure Steve Jobs is watching me all the time. :)

See that pic to the left of your post?

But if he lives in Great Brittain, Japan or Australia, the picture is on the other side of the screen :hyper:

Guys, really, if you are so paranoid about your security, think about it this way, the camera can get patched by a piece of tape or some spray paint, also nobody can access your camera, your computer blocks all incoming traffic by default, so unless a program connetcs from your computer, you are safe, remember its not windows. And on the topic of windows, you guys should be happy that its Steve Jobs, not MS that is behind this, think about it, video is the only information your Mac accumulates, Windows accumulates any text typed in any of the form fields in IE as well as every page you have ever seen and every email you have ever sent or received in its secret files and keys in the registry....

It is true.

I've always been paranoid-

I get it from my parents . .

(Hippies, man)

But, logically I've cured myself to just be cautious,

careful,

and insane on a balanced level. Ya dig?

Steve jobs said one of the most important things he's done in his life as LSD.

Hehe, I know it's random and off topic but

it's just something to giggle on.