Science Forums

Chem Simulation?

i am wondering if there are any existing programs which would simulate what it would be like to be in a chemistry lab? if not, how would you develop one? it would need to be a click-and-drag kinda thing, with realistic reactions and such. if one could be developed, it could be some fun, and also could be useful becausse the program could be used (if realistic enough) in chem classes to test reactions and such. any ideas? :)

Why simulate a chemistry lab? I work in one every day - it's loadz a fun! Give the real thing a try! Serious - if you are looking for software that simulates chemistry and chemical reactions - there is tons of it. Google for it. Much of it is very sophisticated and I don't know what your level of expertise is.

Oops, I assumed you would be able to navigate their website. Try clicking on "Downloads" when you get there. It's right there on the homepage for ChemLab that I linked to. There's an evaluation download available there. Once you try it click on "Products" then "Ordering and Pricing" to buy either of the full versions they have available.