Science Forums

Circumcision should it be done to babies? Why?

Rebiu

This is something that I thought about bringing up on the paedophile thread. Circumcision is the willful permanent mutilation of the genitals of someone in one's power. It is routinely performed on people too young to speak, never mind give their written consent. It's unaccountable, to me, that people can call for those who contravene age of consent laws, to be tortured to death yet not call for similar treartment of those who circumcise others without consent. Excuses like legality, religious tradition, parental control of children's bodies, obviously dont wash.

I read somewhere that mutilation of sexual organs numbs that part of the body... ultimately making sex less pleasurable than it would be if nothing had been cut off.

And if that wasn't already enough.... not having a foreskin makes it harder to umm.... "get it in". The extra layer of skin is nature's lubricant.

The only up-side to circumcision is it makes a guy look longer.

Is it really worth it, though?

Sounds like a new poll!

Are you circumsized? and does it make a difference?

1. yes - circumsized make a "BIG" difference

2. yes - never had the choice

3. no - like the pig in a blanket

4. no - never really thought about it

5. thinking about getting it done

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Sorry to have to bring this up Reibu, but your Thread starts seem to be a bit perverse...Pedophilia, Masturbation, Circumcision,BrokeBack Mountain...:shrug: :eek:

Sorry to have to bring this up Reibu, but your Thread starts seem to be a bit perverse...Pedophilia, Masturbation, Circumcision,BrokeBack Mountain...:eek: :D
I am pulling the sheets back on cultural hypocrisy to reveal the uncomfortable and unrealistic double standards.

Incidentally I have just been through 25 hours of labor with my wife and have a 6'10 baby boy name Milo. We found a midwife and birth center and no one even suggested circumcision there.