Science Forums

Microsoft Government Monopoly..

check this out..

The Onion

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29130

(note from alexander: illegitimate use of the copyrighted material deleted, please read the DMCA if you have any questions, if you would like me to point out the section of the act that this section of the article violated, PM me.

DMCA - http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c105:6:./temp/~c105IdsCJW:: )

This is actually a very good idea on his part.. he is trying to get a government monopoly, thats to say, a large monopoly on the software business that is actually aided by the governemnt. if the patent goes through, that bad news for everyone.. there would be a software war and a struggle.. companies would die instantly...;)

Clearly an April Fool's Day prank. ;)

Haha yea..;) it fell on me too.. but imagine if he did do this, it would be pretty bad.. i'm not very sure but as far as i know i don't think you can patent binary.. too bad he didn't try to, it would be the best thing he can do.. just what he needs... more money.. ;)

um dudes, like that article is from march of 1998.... its been too long since i've heard this last... thats when billy was trying to pattent everything... it is however a cool idea, but you can not pattent something that basic, its like pattenting the way i tie my shoes in the morning... bogus and old...

In reality the government's dependency on M$ is frightening....

yea i agree... im shocked their not really using their full potental for power.. i know if i had that much money.. god knows i'd take everything over... i wonder what he's doing, better yet, what are they all doing as an organized group? you charge al capone for organized crime...

but you can not pattent something that basic, its like pattenting the way i tie my shoes in the morning... bogus and old...
Actually, I suppose patent laws in most countries to be like over here, you can patent anything that hasn't already been patented but if it ain't a novelty it's a waste of money and you'd waste yet more money by bringing someone to court over it. If the "infringer" can show it wasn't a novelty and the patent holder can't prove it was, it's up to the judge to declare the patent is bum. This way, patent offices only need to check for previous patents before giving a go ahead.

Technically, you could patent the traditional shoelace knot but you would be a nerd if you did.