Science Forums

What's the difference between Hypography and a Blog?

InfiniteNow

Thanks... since it was you who inspired my question.

My cousin, rather more unfamiliar with the internet than most, keeps asking me what we're talking about on that "blog." I find myself defending that it's a forum, not a blog, without truly recognizing the distinction between the two. It really hampers my ability to make my point. :naughty:

And I think the lack of cache seems to be more prevelant in the creationism and ID threads... :naughty:

The lack of cache is wider spread than that my acquaintence;) ; but with parallel processing it's width that counts more than depth.

To the question of difference with the forum/blog, it is the interactivity that sets them apart. No one is expected to do more than read a blog; everyone is encouraged to do more than read the forum.

The forum rules also determine a significant difference from a blog....Coffees' done...:cat:

The forum rules also determine a significant difference from a blog....Coffees' done...:shrug:

:cup:

Yeah I can't lash out like I do sometimes.

But It's tought me to be patient thru text.

I've learned how to speak a little bit more thorough.

I know it may not seem like it, but I've truly learned so much the past year I've spent on this forum.

Blog's don't interact with your opinions and hunt for universal truths.

They're just there to read.

lol over here we call it 'captian obvious' but I would not say its that obvious, we at least not any more!

Blogs are no longer a log of what people do day to day or method to carry out some idea that they have blogged on (I have seen some weird ones) they are now used widely to express opinion and also in the scientific world eg hypography has a blog! and it will be becoming more active very soon!