Science Forums

My dog was laying next to me while I was using the lappy. And she stuck her paw on the keys.... pressed something.... and the screen went blank for a second.... then when the picture came back.... Everything was upside down. I don't know how to fix it. It was so hard to navigate my way to SF to ask this question. AHHH, what do I do?

restarting did nothing. Everything is still being displayed upside-down on the screen.

It would be much appreciated it someone could tell me what's up.

My step father's gonna flip when he sees this and finds out that I have no clue wtf happened. *gulp*:( :shrug: :confused:

Ok, there are these things on laptops called function keys, you will probably see an fn key next to the space bar and dark (blue most likely) highlighted keys (some f keys and so forth). these are linked to some acpi settings (note these save their state and the os has nothing to do with it), so one of them must have something to do with the screen, try playing with those, also if that dont work, post make and model, and i'll try to dig some info up to try to help ya out better... (cuz there is a gazillion different types of laptops out there, which are very different) oh and it had to be the dogs fault didn't it? it always is... "my computer is doing something funny, my dog was in the room one day and everything changed...." :( just kidding, it could really happen, i know,i mean i had a teacher that actually would take "my dog ate it" as a one time excuse for not having your homework with you, because once his dog ate some application forms that he filed out, and they were due that day, so he got wicked screwed..... dont remember the whole story, tho...

if its intel graphics the hot key is - Ctrl+Alt and the up key, if you press Ctrl+Alt and the down key it should go back to normal :confused: (if that doesnt work look in your graphics options for a rotation hot key, it may just be up instead of down)

hope this helps..

just kidding, it could really happen, i know,i mean i had a teacher that actually would take "my dog ate it" as a one time excuse for not having your homework with you, because once his dog ate some application forms that he filed out, and they were due that day, so he got wicked screwed..... dont remember the whole story, tho...

I had something similair happen to me. I was in 4th grade. I was doing my homework. And my mother was in the backyard with our new Cone Corse puppy. I was writing a story about my new puppy. I needed help with my story, so I went in the backyard to ask my mother. Right after she'd given me the help I needed, I turned to walk away, the puppy thought I wanted to play, and he jumps up and rips the paper out of my hand.

My mom laughed at me. I was furious. GOD DAMN DOG ATE MY HOMEWORK. REALLY! :confused:

My dog likes to change the channels while I watch tv. I will have the remote beside me and he will always jump up and land on it, or, while walking over to see what I am doing will step right on the thing. At first, I used to think it was an accident, but now he does it so damned much, I am pretty sure the little bugger is doing it on purpose! :)

• 2 weeks later...

that reminds me of something me cat used to always do.

My mom used to keep the answering machine right at her bedside. And my cat learned that when he wanted to go outside early in the morning, the best way to wake my mom up was to poke around on the white box next to my mom's bed for a while until it started making loud noises.

Needless to say, my mom eventually moved the answering machine as soon as she found out WHY it was going off every morning at 5 am... and why my cat always just happened to be there meowing and purring when she was woken. :hihi: