Science Forums

Posting patterns

InfiniteNow

There always seems to be a lull in activity in the forums right about this time of day. It's slow, consistently slow, between 5 and 6:30 pm my time... so, that's:

US

6 - 7:30 Eastern

5 - 6:30 Central

3 - 4:30 Pacific

London: Midnight - 1:30 am

Barcelona: 1 - 2:30 am

(oh yeah, and in Oslo too :) ) and South Africa! Geesh... good time zone in which to be apparently...

China: 7 - 8:30 am (did you know that the whole country works on one time zone? Strange...)

Sydney: 10 - 11:30 am

Anyway... I'm guessing that many members are in the US, so are eating dinner. I'm finishing up my shift at work and am bored out of my mind (see recent post: Bored at work?) ... but be careful, and don't say I didn't warn you! :cry:

I'd love to look at some graphs logging averaged post counts by hour... that'd be sweet.

I also am bored at work. Waiting for weeks... to see if either of two proposals won a contract, so I'll have some work to do. [sigh]. I notice posts stop around 4pm CST, about an hour before I quit work. Sometimes that hour is the only hour I get any work done!! Keep it under your hat, ok???

There will come a day when we will be like the titans of Hypography, with millions of rep points. Our conversations from now will be legendary, and sung about by minstrels throughout the land! And when we reply to a user post they will tell tale of it to their grandchildren. Our PM's will be like whispers from God Himself! We will be the contellations in the sky, the planets around the sun, the months, the seasons, the days of the week! Relish these simple days when we can enjoy each other's company as mere mortals.

Bill

Pyro and Jay-qu... I gave BigDog some rep since you couldn't. I know mine doesn't count as much as yours does, but I can give it to him 10 times in a row if I want, and not have to spread any around. :hyper:

Also, BigDog... you speak as if that is far off into the future. Have you NO IDEA what it's like to be me?? I mean, all of those things you mentioned... yeah, they happen to me, Tormod, C1ay, Gahd, sanctus, and pgrmdave at least 20 or 30 times a day. I'm sure Buffy and Infy get it too. Don't YOU tell your wee ones that you got rep from Buffy, or a PM from Gahd? And if you don't - WHY NOT? You should, you know...

I bet you're jealous now, aren't you?? :confused:

Pyro and Jay-qu... I gave BigDog some rep since you couldn't. I know mine doesn't count as much as yours does, but I can give it to him 10 times in a row if I want, and not have to spread any around. ;)

Also, BigDog... you speak as if that is far off into the future. Have you NO IDEA what it's like to be me?? I mean, all of those things you mentioned... yeah, they happen to me, Tormod, C1ay, Gahd, sanctus, and pgrmdave at least 20 or 30 times a day. I'm sure Buffy and Infy get it too. Don't YOU tell your wee ones that you got rep from Buffy, or a PM from Gahd? And if you don't - WHY NOT? You should, you know...

I bet you're jealous now, aren't you?? :)

I am jealous. I wish my wee ones or my wife showed more interest in Hypography. Shannon asks me how life in "Nerdville" is occasionally. #4 shows the most interest, but it is pretty much limited to the fact that he likes the smiley with the waggling finger. "Daddy, do that one!" followed by a fingerprint on the screen. :naughty: I am jealous of those who have managed to turn Hypography into a family affair. My path to there is still before me. Once I bump up my sponsorship and get some gallary space I plan on doing more projects with the kids and posting the fun and frolic of it for others to share in. That should help foster some more family involvement. :) Already done some of Turtle's spinners. May do some kites tomorrow it the rain stops.

As for rep, I am sad to say that I didn't learn that I could see who had given me rep until I was up in the mid twenties in points. I have no idea who I got any from prior to that because I simply had not found where to find it! However, Hypography is something that I do take seriously, and the recognition I have received from the amazing minds that congregate here is much appreciated nurishment for my soul. I remember specifically a couple of things near the very beginning of my posting here. If I have failed to express it individually to everyone, thanks for making me feel welcome on the playground! This is an awesome place to be.

Bill